CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

Home Stretch and Thanks

Oh everyone, I can't thank you enough!!! I can't, your words were so kind and touching. I think we are in the home stretch of dealing with the funeral kind of stuff. Then it's going through his things, and legal matters, which I can't help with to much. I'll still be there for support though.

Wednesday was a living, walking nightmare. There was lots of crying, there was her talking about finding him, talking about it A LOT!! Then there came the major break down. She started screaming, and yelling she wanted to go home, she hated everyone that was making her stay, she hated the place, she hated her family. It's just an emotion she had to get out, she broke down hard after that, and all we could do was hold her. Her brother held her and cried with her. Then later her brother held on to me and cried and cried, and begged for strength.

I was so exhausted on Wed night, I didn't know how I would make it. But Thursday I got back over there, and was with them when they met with the minister. They needed mine and D (yup our friend D, he is their friend also) to be a presence. They decided on a memorial time. Saturday at 10 in the morning.

Today, she sounded tons better. I didn't go over till the afternoon, they wanted to rest in the morning. Good thing too, the neighbor lady brought her cleaning lady over and they attacked the house. (her dad had it in such a major mess, and she felt so over whelmed)

I picked up her 5 year old, and took off with him. (they had to meet with the lawyer about the will) We went and got Gigantor, picked up Kiddo, went and got milkshakes and tater tots, went to the post office, then went to the grocery store. I got a couple very masculine looking set of flowers. I got daisy's that are a brownish orange in the middle and yellow on the outsides of the petals, and I got some mums that are yellow in the middle and brownish orange on the outsides. I'm gonna put them up by the food tables.

Found out that she wanted a luncheon. Pastor only wanted to have deserts. I was determined to make her happy. I took charge of the food. I put the word out for food, I bought stuff for 5 dishes. Yup I said 5. gaaaahhhh

I have little smokies (smoked cocktail sausages.) in the crock pot covered in bbq sauce, a pasta salad, that has the multi colored pasta cork screws, with onion, olive and red pepper and ham (usually it's cheese, but she's lactose intolerant) so ham and a raspberry vinagrette. I also have two platters full of a variety of cookies, and two platters full of some fruit, slicked oranges, honeydew, pineapple, and grapes, and two trays with crackers on them, and one big tray with cheese and meat. We also got the local water guy to donate two big 5 gallon bottles and a table top dispenser, and we got a drink dispenser, and some punch concentrate.

I took her little one back and went and picked up paper plates, cups, napkins. D came over and started helping me with food stuff, as I was cutting up, he was putting foil on about every disposable platter and cookie sheet I own. Gigantor still wasn't home from work. We scarffed some sandwiches down. When gigantor got here, I had finished cutting everything for the pasta salad, and I had started arranging the crackers on the platters. I arranged the cookies. D was on covering duty. We cut up the fruit, and mixed the pasta salad.

Finally 11 at night we are done with that, and Kiddo is tucked in bed. Gigantor just now headed to the store to get the flatwear we need and the punch concentrate. He then has to load all the non perishables in the suburban. Water, dispensers, extension cords, duct tape, scissors, all sorts of stuff. Because Gigantor has to work tomorrow morning, he goes in about 5 and hope he is gonna get off by 9. D is gonna come over about 8 and help me finish loading up. We are leaving here 8:30 gonna be up to the church by 9 to set up tables and food.

I am so fricken tired, but I wouldn't be anywhere else but helping my friend. Once you are my friend, you are stuck with me. hehehehe so feel warned people.

OOO update, Gigantor called from the store, they have no concentrate for punch. I'm gonna have to pack gallon jugs of juice. I think I will add some lemon lime soda, that would taste good.

Okay well it's gonna be between midnight and 1 before I can get in bed, and I need to get up by 7 at the very latest so I can put on some nice clothes and makeup.

I hope you all have a good weekend, and please continue to keep that family in your prayers, it's still gonna be real hard, especially tomorrow.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

AS always, hugs.

cookie monster said...

im sure as hell glad your friend has you there to help support her.

Anonymous said...

Everyone should have a friends as good as you!

Burfica said...

jj- hugs back

cookie--I'm glad she was there for me, when my mom died too.

ponderings--I'm just as lucky.

Alekx said...

I love you

Burfica said...

alekx--I love you too

Mia said...

Always....(((((BIG HUGS))))

Burfica said...

miranda---all take all the hugs you can give.

Zibi said...

Your friend couldn't have a better person to be by her side... Take care

captain corky said...

Just from blogging with you I can tell what a good person you are. I hope you're doing ok today. ;)

Libby said...

oh, burfica, i'm sorry, i havent been here but i caught up. i'm so sorry for your friend & her family...she is SO lucky to have you as a friend!!

SIMON said...

Sorry to her of the time you are going through along with your friend and her family.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers

jAMiE said...

You're a wonderful friend...

Canadian flake said...

as always, you are all in my thoughts and prayers....I know they appreciate everything you are doing for them.

Love ya honey.