CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 05, 2007

What a Weekend

It was a busy, yet somewhat fun weekend. Gigantor, Kiddo and Captain Daddy went out shooting on Saturday morning. They said they would be home before noon so we could have lunch and go to the craft fair. They didn't get home till 2. Then I had to feed the kid. So...I missed the craft fair.

Captain Daddy said it would be to cold to go to the street fair and balloon glow. So we went, then after he called and was mad, cuz he had changed his mind, but didn't call me soon enough. Oh well...stupid men.

We went, and the street fair was rather weak. Had less than half of the booths it had last year. But as always the balloon glow was AMAZING!!! Gigantor and Kiddo went and helped set one balloon up, then walked up and down the street, collecting the trading cards from the pilot. Before the glow we got some food. Gigantor and I got Big Johns Texas BBQ He smokes beef briskets then sells sandwiches. Kiddo got a chili dog bowl. It was bowl of chili with hot dogs in it, and cheese and crunched chips on top. After the glow we got a big bag of kettle corn and a cotton candy for kiddo.

Sunday, Gigantor went and helped Captain Daddy get insulation tape stuff on his water hose. (travel trailer remember, water hose is his trailers water supply) Then he came home and we took down all our halloween decorations and put up Thanksgiving one's. I don't have alot but they are fun.

We straightened up the house and did the floors, and daddy came down and we watched some movies. Then tried a new recipe. It wasn't bad, but I already know what I will do different. The recipe was a BBQ meatloaf, and it called for three tablespoons of vinegar. That was way to much vinegar, cuz that's all you could taste. Next time I think I'm gonna leave it out.

Well, I'm off, I wanna read blogs, but I also have some ordering for christmas to do.

Have a good Monday all!!!!

10 comments:

captain corky said...

My mouth is watering from reading about that beef brisket sandwich.

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

Canadian flake said...

hee hee I am with corky...I TOTALLY agree about the beef brisket...sounds yummyyyyyyyy..lol.

ya know you should have gone to the fair without the men if they were late getting home...would suck to be them I am thinking..lmao.

none said...

I could never understand the Vinegar in everything. It's too sour for me.

That Chili dish sounds a lot like Frito pie. I tried putting hotdogs in it once but the kids threw a fit and refused to eat it that way.

Burfica said...

corky--yeah we wait all year, till he comes up with his smoker for the festivals in the fall.

Flake--I would have, I didn't have my car. grrrrr

hammer---yeah I like it if it's a tiny bit, but this was way to much.

Marni said...

Ummm - what is a balloon glow? I've never heard of such a shindig... the food sound really good though...

Mia said...

Im with Marni, whats a balloon glow?

And um heres a stupid question...is that meatloaf baked? or did you actually cook it on the bbq?

Burfica said...

marni--a balloon glow is where they set up the hot air balloons along main street at night, Then for an hour they do the gas/flame thingie and the balloons light up from the inside. People can walk up and talk to the pilots and get trading cards.

Miranda--no it was baked, but it was like a homemade bbq sauce to baste on it. Had tomato sauce, brown sugar, worchestershire, dijon mustard, and vinegar in it. No vinegar next time it will be better. lol

Marni said...

Sounds beautiful! That sounds right up my alley...

Burfica said...

Marni--it was very nice.

Jules said...

Looking forward to posting the balloon glow on our blog tomorrow, Burf!!