CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

That Effing Bird!!!!

Today had a couple, well a few mishaps. Got up and made a couple more pies. Made one of the salads. Realized Gigantor didn't get some stuff down I asked him repeatedly. Had to send Kiddo hiking up the counters into cupboards to get them.

Went to make the other salad, the poofoo. Now poofoo is a tub of whip cream, mixed with a box of cherry jello powder, then mixed with a tub of cottage cheese, then a can of pineapple chunks drained. Kiddo is helping me make it, and he tears open the cottage cheese and I YANK HIM AWAY RIGHT AS HE GOES TO DUMP IT!!!! There is all sorts of green shit in the cottage cheese. GREEN SHIIIIITTTTTT!!!! I got looking closer and Gigantor had gotten me cottage cheese with chives. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When your making the poofoo, the jello powder sets up, so you gotta get it all mixed in and in the fridge at a good pace. Yup it was all set up by the time I got the other cottage cheese. I was able to smooth it out and finish it up. But dam that was close. I don't think chives and cherry go together. hehehehe

Then Gigantor was either supposed to be off work, or take a break and help me get the turkey in. At 1. not 1:15 not 1:16 but at 1. That way at the very latest we would be eating at 6.

That man yelled at me. Oh yes and he paid dearly for that, and he got the bird in at 2.

At 5 this evening here is our conversation.

Me--is it done?
Gigantor--No
M--did you check?
G--yes the thingie isn't popped up
M--did you check the leg??
G--no!! the fucking thingie isn't popped up.
M--Don't fucking cuss at me, wiggle the fucking leg, see if it's fucking done, cuz the fucking poppie thingie might be fucking broke.
G--No I don't wanna, the red thingie isn't popped out.

at this time I get up grumbling that I will check the fucking leg. Some pushing insues, some more, get the hell out of my ways, some slamming of the oven, and an entire can of yam juice exploding on the floor, then massive laughing.

Me--Just check the bitches leg, what the hell is your problem??

He grumbles about how he's not gonna check the leg cuz the red poppie thingie isn't popped out yet, then he proceedes to open the oven every 5 flipping minutes to check it. Letting the heat out.

Me--shut that god dam oven, for piss sake are you a dumb ass by choice or birth??
G--Well I'm waiting
M--your letting the heat out, it's gonna take longer, it's already fricken 6!!!
M--take it out and put tin foil over it the thingie might pop up cuz sometimes they are broke or retarded.
G--god woman I'll check the fucking leg!!!

He opens the oven and wiggles the leg, and it's so done and so tender that the leg just comes off. Yup, slides right off, and meat starts falling off the bone.

Me--she you dip shit!!!! See!!!! I fucking told you!!!! We could be eating right now!!!! My father and son, and myself are all starving to death!!!!!
G--for god sake the thingie isn't popped out!!!!!

and he puts it back in the oven

ahhhhhhhhhhh

I take it out and throw tin foil over it, and we make the gravy. I take the tin foil off and scream.

TAAAAAA DAAAAAA IT'S POPPED IT'S FUCKING RED THINGIE!!!!!!

Yup that bird made us insane today. We didn't eat till almost 7 fricken thirty. But it was so good, and we all really obscenely stuffed ourselves. We hadn't done that at any of the other dinners, but this one we did. I'm gonna go waddle to bed I think, and try to fall asleep.

It's a good kind of miserable though.

Hope you all had a great Friday.

12 comments:

Mia said...

LMAO....too funny. Oi, some guys are just so stubborn. You'd think he'd just check the leg to shut you up. lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a traditional family Thanksgiving. "Thank you for the opportunity to yell obscentities at my husband." hahahahaha

Mia said...

Just stopping in to let you know I didn't just dissappear, I have a new link, we're trying something new:

http://susanmirandajourney.blogspot.com/

Swing on by.

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I am not the only blogger with colorful language!

It seems you had some pretty good excuses for using them though.

Canadian flake said...

omgggggg toooo funny....holy crap you two are insane at times and I LOVE it...lmao.

thanks for the giggles...lol

Burfica said...

miranda--he is way stubborn

babzy--anytime, I make up excuses to do it. hehehe

miranda--I'll have to check it out.

ponderings--I usually make up shit as I go too. lol

Flake--glad I could make you laugh.

Susan said...

that was very funny....and its a pleasure to meet you as well

Burfica said...

susan---welcome!!!! hope I didn't scare you away. lol

MomThatsNuts said...

poofoo???? wow never heard of it...dont know if I could stomach cottage cheeze and jello...Cottage cheeze sets off my gag reflex REAL bad...speaking of which, how is your tooth????

Mom

Jules said...

LOL!! Holy fucking Happy Thanksgiving, Burf and family! heehee!!

That's nuts... all those mishaps! And, I didn't even know they MADE cottage cheese with chives...

Burfica said...

mom--my tooth is gone. hehehehe

jules--yeah I didn't either.

Libby said...

this was a great peek into the day in the life..i know what you;re thankful for today. guys being around so you get to boss & yell!!