CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Weekends over

Well the weekend is at a close, and it was a busy weekend.

We got the house all clean and ended up having alot more food than we needed. Cuz a few people had to cancel coming at the last minute. Some friends, her grandpa that lived in town died, so I understand that. But some of Gigantors family said they would come then made different plans.

Oh well, less in laws for me to deal with.

He got some good gifties. I got him some movies and a cd. My sister and the house elf got him a MP3 player. His mom and dad got him a very old ww2 book. And my aunt and uncle got him some fishing stuff. His friend D got him some Clive Cussler books. And a co worker got him some spark plugs and wires, cuz Gigantor keeps bitching he needs to change those, so that was sorta funny.

Today, Gigantor slept in till 11. Which was sorta funny, cuz last time he did that was before we ever had Kiddo. He's totally a morning person and doesn't sleep in long.

Then we got up and made our famous super bowl dip, that we have even when it's not super bowl, but it's so good we have never shared it with anyone. heheheheh

Anyhow you brown up a tube of Jimmy Dean sausage, melt a brick of velveeta, add the sausage, add one can of Rotell diced tomatoes with green chili's, then you add some sweetened condensed milk till it's thinner and smoother. Gigantor likes it with Frito's scoops, but I like it with white corn tortilla chips. Soooo dam good.

So we had dip and watched a movie then watched the superbowl. I usually watch it for the commercials, and this year was no different. Although I did doze off a couple times. ugggghhhh

Then we had some leftovers and fiddled around with a few things. Now I'm posting and going to bed. I'm beat.

His sister did call us to tell us tomorrow was a late start day at school, cuz it snowed a bit here, which means the reservation dictates how we do stuff again. grrrrrr

Anyhow, hope you all have a great Monday!!!!!

15 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love the kitty picture! Sounds like it was a great weekend for you, hope the week is just as great!

Burfica said...

Vanessa--I hope so too. I hope yours is great also.

cookie monster said...

You fiddled around with a few things? Is that code for doing something naughty? ;)

none said...

That dip sounds good. I'm going to have to try that. Clive Cussler is a really good writer I have a couple of his books too.

Biddie said...

Sounds like you could use a couple of quiet days after a busy weekend.
We had a snow day here last week, and it was during exams. That means that everything got pushed back and today is an extra day off for Kayla.
Yay snow.

Libby said...

snow there...rain & high 50's here...honestly, i'd rather see SNOW!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Burf, I'm all caught up with your latest posts chuckling the whole time. Love your dragon template. I'm taking things very easy these days so may not be around to see you for a few days. Thank you for checking in on me now and then. I really appreciate it.

My word verification starts with XX (those are kisses).

Burfica said...

cookie--I wish!!!

Hammer--yeah it's real good, I forgot to add to drain the can of tomatoes.

biddie--our kids didn't get any days off. And they do late start instead of snow days. grrrr. lol

libby--I need some sun shine. This az girl isn't use to the sun being absent that long.

babzy--I'm always lurking, but it's really good to see you!!!

Special K said...

That is too funny! I have the same recipe minus the sweetened condensed milk I only use that in sweet candy recipes, never thought of it with meat and cheese!! :) and we love Jimmy Dean's sausage in ours too. JD is the best IMHO!

Mia said...

I think busy weekends deserve a 2 day break to recuperate. lol

Burfica said...

K--yeah it sounds weird, but it is soooo good.

Miranda--amen sister, now just to convince school and work places of that.

Phoenix5 said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I have all of Clive Cussler's "Dirk Pitt" novels. They aren't very realistic, but they sure are fun to read! The Super Bowl was a huge disappointment this year, not only because the Pats lost, but because they didn't even bother to show up! I'm certain they sent in a replacement team wearing their jerseys... I did enjoy the half-time show this year... for once!!! Tom Petty sounded as good as he used to way back when, and I thought it was so classy of the band to all be wearing suits! Good on ya, Tom! Some of the commercials were cool, but up here in Canada, they replaced a bunch with old, lame Canadian junk... BOO! HISS!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty darn good weekend if you ask me!

Mine was rather boring.Spent most of it cleaning and doing laundry.

Have a great week!

Burfica said...

Phoenix--I wanted the pat's to win, but I like Eli Manning. And a couple plays were awesome.

Ponderings--you can come clean mine!!!!

Canadian flake said...

The dip sounds yummyyyyyyyy...

Glad you had a nice weekend