CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!!

I just want to wish you all a very happy and blessed and safe and fun Easter!!!!

I thought this pic was so cute. I actually had chickens that had feathers like that (not colored the shape) We named one Tina, for Tina turner.

We just finished cleaning all of the house except mopping. I did most of the prep work for dinner tomorrow. We just have a couple more things and to dye eggs. I will probably dye eggs for as long as my son is still in this house. I love to do that. I was hoping he wouldn't want to do any egg hunts this year. I was hoping he had outgrown them. But he decided he still wanted to. So...of course I will. He's my baby and all to soon he won't want to anymore.

I'm bummed that spring break is almost over. Next week they have two half days for parent teacher confrences. But then they don't have another day off till school is out. I find that sorta hard on the kids and parents. Every month they have one or two days of school off, sometimes more. Then the end of March they don't till the end of May.

We are working hard, and getting things done still to head for the big move. I so want to be in there before the summer. I would be so dang happy.

Well I'm completely entertained at the husband chasing the rat dog with the vacuum. She is acting so funny and when he stops she attacks him.

What are you all having for easter dinner.

Our menu is
Glazed ham
potato salad
poofoo
deviled eggs
crescents
Parmesans Roasted Asparagus
Aunt and Uncle are bringing Broccoli Salad
And for desert, Captain Daddy wanted pound cake and we have a cheese cake sampler. It has Double dutch chocolate cheesecake, Tuxedo cheesecake, White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, and Strawberry Swirl cheese cake. Three pieces of each.

Okay I am gonna go, and have fun with the family some more.

I just really wanted to wish you all a wonderful Easter, and time with your loved ones. Remember to hug someone you love.

Have a wonderful Weekend All!!!

17 comments:

cookie monster said...

After reading your menu, i'm damned hungry. I might have to invite myself over for some grub. I'll bring the jellied eels

Burfica said...

cookie--umm sure I'll make sure I serve you all the eels.

CrystalChick said...

Mmmmm..... your menu sounds delightful! Enjoy!

We're going to hub's sisters. Ham, baked potatoes, pineapple bread, some kind of broccoli dish, salad and fixins, and birthday cake for her daughter. We're taking a homemade onion dip, with veggies and chips, stewed tomatoes, and chocolate dipped strawberries. :)

p.s. for some reason I can only see your blog page when I click on it thru the sidebar?? It doesn't automatically come up like it usually did.

Burfica said...

crystal--that is weird it should, unless blogger is having a moment.
Your menu sounds wonderful too. yummmmm

Anonymous said...

What is poofoo?

Burfica said...

babzy--poofoo, one pack cherry jello, one tub whip cream, one tub cottage cheese, and one can pineapple chunks drained. It's soooo good.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!

Phoenix5 said...

HAPPY EASTER, my friend!

We aren't doing anything special this Easter. All of our extended family are busy with other "gatherings" so we're just having a quiet weekend at home. Except for Good Friday morning when our church held a special service which I sang in. Other than that, nothing special. We didn't dye eggs this year, and my girls haven't seemed to miss it. I guess they are growing up!

All the best to you and your family. Enjoy your fabulous feast!

Mia said...

Poofoo still makes me smile. Omg savour the moments that your son still wants to look for eggs.

Alekx said...

I wanna be there hunting for eggs.
I'm having grilled cheese sandwhichs, scuba elf is off playing scuba instructor so I have the day to myself but I have to work tonight anyway
Love ya all

Christine said...

wait..was my invitation lost in the mail? Mac and cheese and franks I guess it is....sigh...

Burfica said...

birdman--happy easter my friend.

Phoenix--yeah we always make big deals on holidays, even small ones.

Miranda--I hope he keeps that kid side forever. I still love to dye them.

alekx and Christine--all my blogger family knows they are invited for supper. hehehehe

Neoma said...

Your day and mine sounded similar, I cooked the eggs last night, and we got up and dyed them this morning. My baby is now almost 13, and he actually wasn't as interested in dying the eggs as my 18 year old. I guess as long as my daughter comes back home for the holidays we will still do eggs. Then I got started on dinner....I had made salads yesterday, instead of a fruit salad I did one with orange jello, pecans, cottage cheese, mandarin oranges and cool whip, it turned out pretty tasty, Oh, pineapple also. then potato salad and a multi bean salad, I made a turkey with dressing, candied yams, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, green beans, baked rolls. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert. I just got done with the dishes and it is now midnight.....time for bed.....

Burfica said...

nea--holy cow, that was busy. hehehe It's only 10:30 here and way past time for bed. No we didn't do dishes they will be there in the morning. hahahahahha

Vanessa said...

Happy Easter!

Coffeypot said...

What do you know! Gay roosters walking around saying, "Any cock'll-dodle-do."

captain corky said...

It sounds like you had a delicious Easter! You always have a great menu.