CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Monday after.


How did easter go for everyone??? It was a wonderful and very happy day here.

Gigantor got up at about 5 and hid eggs and came back to bed. Kiddo got up and hung out in our room while we got dressed and up. He did his two egg hunts (we do real eggs inside and plastic eggs outside) He got two movies for easter Bee Movie and Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium. We only got to one so far. We had breakfast and watched Bee Movie. I was really enjoying it, and then I just up and fell asleep. hahahahaha

We got out of the couch about 11, and I whiped up a potato salad, made poofoo. Peeled eggs and made deviled eggs, then prepped the ham and asparagus, and got the rolls rolled out. Then we did NOTHING till we put the ham in and when it came out put the rolls and asparagus in.

Captain Daddy came down, as did the Aunt and Uncle. They brought broccoli salad. Now the first time my uncle made broccoli salad for us, it was broccoli, celery, red grapes, raisins and some sunflower seeds with a bit of miracle whip and bit of whip cream. I asked for the recipe he says well it doesn't really have one, cuz it's whatever you have. This time it was broccoli, bit of red onion, dried cranberries, raisins, and cashews, with the Miracle whip and whip cream. It taste so dam good however you make it. hehehehe

We ate and ate, and joked and talked, and everything went wonderfully. Like the uncle said, it was an amazing dinner, cuz everything went together nicely and nothing over powered any dish.

Later we had desert and we sat and visited till 8 o'clock (dinner was at 4)

We were so tuckered out that kiddo went right to sleep and Gigantor and I were in bed before 11. That is very unusual for us.

None of us wanted to get up this morning. Back to school after a week off. I hate it when he has to go back. I love having him around. Taking him to friends or having them over. I just like being with my kid. hehehehe

Okay I'm off to drink coffee and eat a big hunk of pound cake.

Have a great Monday everyone!!!!!

18 comments:

Biddie said...

My two younger kids have the day off today. I think that Kayla is still hung over from her chocolate yesterday.
We still have SNOW, and there was no hiding eggs outside this year.

Burfica said...

biddie--only thing I'm not looking forward to is gas from eggs and broccoli. The men are gonna fog me out.

captain corky said...

"Okay I'm off to drink coffee and eat a big hunk of pound cake."

Story of my life. ;)

Dorko said...

Oh! I wanna see the Bee Movie! (course I do... I'd like to make stuff like the Bee Movie someday - I've always loved animae! I just need me a little computer laboratory with the right software on some MAC-daddys...)
Sounds like you had a blissful Easter! =)
- you know, you could shake out some bacon bits on that Broccoli salad & get a whole new layer of a flavor goin'...

Burfica said...

corky--I know great one though huh??

Dorko--OMG the bacon sounds good on it too. yummm I would so watch what you did, get it going girlie.

Special K said...

I got up drank coffee and ate a hunk of chocolate cake, great minds think alike!
We had a nice Easter, our Spring Break is this week though.

~SugarBear~ said...

Yummy - next year I'm coming to your house to eat! Happy belated Easter.

Anonymous said...

The Eleventh Commandment:
Thou shalt not eat Devilled Eggs at Easter Dinner.

Burfica said...

K--yup we do think alot alike, our spring break was last week.

C--sure come on over

Babzy--I think I would get murdered if I didn't have deviled eggs each holiday, the guys would eat them once a week if I made them.

Phoenix5 said...

If I see a large greenish cloud drifting up from the deep south...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Easter, Burfica! It's alwasy nice to have a nice time with family and not have any bickering or family politics going on.

Kerry M. Conway said...

hi sweetie! we had a lovely easter here too. my favorite part was the strawberry cake made by grandma...yummie!

Burfica said...

phoenix--we had no inlaws, and it was one of the best times. My dad and aunt and uncle and everybody was relaxed and fine.

Kerry--OOo strawberry cake sounds so yummieeeeeeeee

CrystalChick said...

mmmm.... pound cake, love it! Glad you had such an enjoyable family holiday!
My son has off this week but amazingly has found a way to play his vid games with the broken thumb he got on his first ski trip a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, he cannot play his guitar tho. :(

p.s. the U2 vid FINALLY appeared on the blog today.... 7 times. LOL
I deleted all the extras altho it might have been fun if they all played in stereo. LOL
Have a great week! Peace, M

Christine said...

Ummm, that is one salad that I definitely will never try...brocoli and miracle whip and raisins? Ewwwwww...

Easter was a fucked up mess here at Christine's house. My kid was away on a cruise with my parents and got back EARLY easter morning. We weren't expecting her until afternoon so the easter bunny didn't even get there yet. She RAN in and wanted to look for her basket and eggs. OH SHIT. I persuaded her to take a bath and frantically hid plastic eggs with jellybeans and coins around the place. Geez...the Easter Bunny really fucked up this year.

Burfica said...

crystal--I seen the 7 times and was like whooooaaaaaa

Christine--I tell my son he got busy with all the little kids that wouldn't understand. hehehehehe

Jules said...

you're the third person who told me they've fallen asleep during Bee Movie... coincidence?

I still wanna see it! Happy Belated Easter, sweets!

Burfica said...

jules--I know, and it was weird, cuz I was actually enjoying it. Just way tired. The vitamins aren't helping I think sleep is the only thing that will help.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I love that picture, it's one of my favorites. I got it in an email the other day. It's so cute. :)