CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Help I think I do need the paramedics.

God I am so exhausted I think I do need the paramedics. Dial fast kitty. hehehehe

Friday I agree'd to help a friend (the one who's dad killed himself before thanksgiving) and I watched her kids while she met with accountants and lawyers and assessors. uggghhhh Lets just say she has made her kids very needy of her. That their father or his parents can't even take them without the youngest (2) screaming bloody murder after a few minutes. I had them for a bit over two hours. Luckily they didn't scream at all, but we took the tour. We went to see Gigantor in the trash truck, and follow him around and watch him dumb dumpsters. Then I got them milkshakes. Went by Kiddo's school, the airport, the horse corrals (drove real slow looking at horses), out by the lake, out to Gigantors work, back to the airport, then finally she was done.

Friday afternoon/night my avon came in and we at least got it pulled and set up to do.

Saturday morning, Gigantor worked for a few, came home and got us, and we went up to mom's old place. Gigantor started pulling stuff out of the house, and I sat and wrote up my avon receipts and stamped books and stuff. Then I started going through the stuff. Friend from out of town called, wanted us to go over for lunch. Went and ate some lunch, Gigantor had to go back to work.

We went home till Gigantor got off, then back up to the other house. Finished going through a bunch of stuff. We then got Captain Daddy and went over to Uncle and Aunts house. My cousin and her husband were in town so we were having dinner.

The cousins/nephews up the street (gigantors parents live up the street from my aunt and uncle) were in this little park next to Uncles house and so Kiddo went over and played with them for quite a while.

We stayed after dinner and played Mexican Train. Then got home at like 11. Gosh I was tired.

Got up early on Sunday, finished all the avon and did some dishes. Then back up to mom's place. Finished cleaning out her house and going through stuff. Gigantors parent came over, loaded the last load of yardsale stuff, then went in to help Gigantor pick up some of the trash.

Here is where it got hard. I have sat outside and gone through stuff. I have NOT stepped foot in that house since my mom died. I didn't' want too, I didn't need to, I just didn't. Well they really needed me in there at the end. I had already been emotional for a good week or so, then seeing the curtains come down, I was getting more so.

So...I sucked it up and I went in the house, and I found some old stuff (things with memories) that he had forgot to bring out and was going to throw away. Then I stood there looking around, and then I bee lined out of the house. Later at home I broke down and cried pretty hard. I'm doing it now matter of fact. I grew up in that home. Every time you walk in you expected mom or the dogs on the couch and the t.v. on. I had never seen it so...empty, so very... dead I guess I would say. It was a bit more than I wanted to take or could handle.

Later Gigantors mom and sister were wondering what was wrong cuz I got so distant after I beat a trail out of the house. Gigantor goes, you don't understand, that's the first time since her mom died that she has been in that house. They then said they were so proud of me, how well I did it, cuz they didn't realize.

Anyhow, besides all that, we ran to the grocery store and storage shed, and still had to make dinner. Wow....what a busy ass weekend.

I got some questions from Miss Ann I need to answer and post on my blog. I'm gonna try to get to them this week.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and have a great Monday!!!!

19 comments:

Alekx said...

I'm proud of you too.
It was hard last time I was there and had to go in the house.
We'll get through it all.
I love you

Libby said...

awww, burfica, this sucks so bad!! i hope you can get thru this with the strength i know you have, that you've shown me!

CrystalChick said...

Really busy weekend for you!! It's good tho that you got thru the hardest parts. Cry away baby, it's good to honor those feelings as they come up. I still do and it's been many years since my parents passed.
Sounds like you have a pretty busy Avon biz going. How long have you been doing it?
Have a good week, hopefully to find a little relaxation! :)

Burfica said...

alekx--yeah it was way different being so empty. Never seen it that way.

Libby--thank you, just had to let the emotions come. all part of grieving.

Burfica said...

crystal--I've been doing avon, sheesh I dunno about 8 or 9 years now. I'm my own best customer. hahahahaha

captain corky said...

Wow, that must have been really tough for you, but sometimes a good cry helps.

Not that I have ever cried or anything. ;)

Burfica said...

corky--liar, I bet you cried when max was born. hahahahaha

Special K said...

Hugs and understanding and more hugs.
BTDT.
Two levels for me and I don't know which was worse.
My gma moved out of my childhood home the one I was raised in and they built. That was HARD but at least we still had her.
Then 2 years later she died. We had to clean out her rental home the day of the funeral because of the realty co. already had it rented (sharks!)
Then recently I went to my homeplace and it was trashed. The work they had done in the yard, the house they built, ruined. It was so "dead". I know how you were feeling and so want to hug you in real life right now.
It hurts.

Joy T. said...

Well I was thinking I had a busy weekend...until I came over here for a visit and just read the weekend you had! I hope your week is quieter. I'm new to your blog, but wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your mom :o(

Burfica said...

K--yeah it's never fun, and it's a treasure when you find understanding people that you don't have to hurry with.

Joy--thank you, it was 2 years ago, she was 60. I'm hoping the week is a bit quieter, but I don't think it's really gonna quiet down till we are moved.

Julie said...

Burfica, You life has been so busy and full of emotions! Bless your heart, you are living through it so resilently though, taking care of everyone, always take care of yourself too, so proud of you!

Biddie said...

Going to your moms house must have been so incredibly draining. That alone would tire me out.
It WILL get easier.
hugs

Burfica said...

julie--thank you, always taking another step forward.

biddie--yes it's very draining, will ultimately be glad when all the cleaning out tearing down is done and we are moved.

Dorko said...

Hugs, my friend...
(Hugs)

Mia said...

(((big hugs))) to you, I cant even imagine.

Burfica said...

dorko--hugs right back at ya my friend

Miranda--Thank you I need those hugs, right back at ya.

jAMiE said...

My goodness, so busy. Well done going to your mothers house..i hope in time it will only be good memories for you, not so sad.

Take care of yourself...and get some rest.

Burfica said...

jamie---yeah me too, I said it was a hard sad close to one chapter, but hopefully will open a new happier chapter.

Phoenix5 said...

Burf, every Monday I end up exhausted just from reading your weekend posts! You gotta slow down, girl! You're wearing all your readers out! (I know this says I commented on Tuesday, but that's because Blogger wouldn't let me comment yesterday!)

(((((BIG HUGS))))) for you as you make those momentous steps to go through your mom's belongings. I can only imagine how hard that is for you.