CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another Late one

Oh my gosh it's another late night. I got kiddo to school and read some blogs, then I started wrapping. I still have so much to do. I know you all hear me say that every day. But lets look at this for a moment.

--I grew up poor, so we didn't have alot of presents (hell I'm still poor and it's that way)
--Mom would wrap up every little thing so we had "tons" of pressies under the tree.
--I do the same thing.
--I've gone as far as to wrap batteries for things and put them in stockings.
--Take socks out of the package and wrap them one pair at a time.

That way it always seems like there is tons and tons of presents under the tree. I get lots of little stuff, or stuff that has other stuff with it, and I wrap everything individually.

2nd reason I'm doing so much!!! I WRAP FOR FRICKEN EVERYONE!!! I used to say I wrapped for everyone but myself, but this year after I wrapped some stuff for Captain Daddy he said it was my presents, so now I'm even wrapping my own.
Who I wrap for
--Sister
--brother in law
--Gigantors parents
--2 very close (call them my sisters) friends.
--Other of Gigantors family he might have got a gift
--And co workers for secret santa or christmas parties
--Gigantor
--Kiddo
--Captain Daddy
--Captain daddy's stuff to kiddo
--Captain daddy's stuff to gigantor
--and apparently captain daddy's stuff to me.

Anyhow after wrapping Gigantor came home and we went to bank and delivered some avon. Went and got Kiddo and took him to the eye doctor. Delivered more Avon, went to the store, and cooked elk and deer steak. After dinner got up and made three batched of peanut butter bars. Got Gigantors apple butter and cards for his coworkers ready.

Here is where I need to ask for prayers or good wishes sent. At Kiddo's eye appointment. The doctor sent him out of the room to talk to us. Kiddo's eyes have changed so drastically in just one year, he's concerned about something. So far not that big a concern, but it could get bad in a hurry. He's suspecting he has a disease called Karataconus. Basically its a very thin cornea. So thin that he would need hard contact lenses to protect it, and if that didn't help it could go as far as a cornea transplant. Now all this is just suspicion right now, and in a year we may have to go for bigger, badder tests. And in a year it could prove to not be that. Just if you would send up a little prayer for the latter. I would hate for my baby 11 year old to...I mean... hell..you know what I mean.

Okay gonna stop being so down and leave you with two goodies, I know long post again.

1st is a recipe

Southwest wraps

1 block cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sour cream
1 can diced olives
1 can green chillies
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Tortilla's
(you can add salsa or pimento's or whatever you want)

With electric mixer, mix cream cheese and sour cream till smooth. dump in olives, chilies and green onions till smooth.

Spread on tortilla's leave 1/4 of tortilla at one end blank, roll up (it will squeeze to the blank end, if you don't leave it blank you have stuff squeeze all over)

Cut in inch and a half pieces. Good stuff

Then also a little you tube thingie. It says it's a drunk Reindeer, but I feel like this goofy now, but without the benefit of alcohol. hehehe

Have a good Friday everyone!!!!



19 comments:

Canadian flake said...

omg that reindeer is wayyyyyy too funny....

I will be praying hard for kiddo...hopefully things will improve without surgery...

fingers are crossed for ya here...

Burfica said...

flake-- his bal er I mean bells around his waist are to dam funny!!! And thanks for the prayers.

cookie monster said...

lots of good vibs being sent kiddo's way.

Marni said...

Can't see the YouTube, but will check it out when I get home.

Prayers are headed your way for the kiddo.

Now slow down and enjoy the holiday!

Anonymous said...

I still haven't wrapped ONE gift...Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alekx said...

Can you wrap my pressies to you?

Stop calling me those names I was kidding
sheesh

Burfica said...

cookie--thank you thank you

Marni--This is the first one I'm enjoying in a couple years.

dirty--OMG and if you do a gazillion little one's like me, that really sucks.

Alekx---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffeypot said...

Anyone who asks you to wrap your own present should have his balls stapled over his ass-hole and fed laxatives. That's as insensitive as having a Playboy Centerfold entertain the Iraqie Troops while eating a bacon burger.

But the prayers are coming for you and the family.

Burfica said...

coffey--yeah I didnt' know they were mine till after I had done it. My husband hasn't even opened all the mail order packages let alone started wrapping. Dumb ass. lol

Barbara Doduk said...

Have a good friday, to you too.

Biddie said...

I do the same thing with the presents. I wrap every little thing, so that the kids will have lots to unwrap. Makes it more fun, anyway :)
I'll keep Kiddo in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs xxxx

Libby said...

hugs & prayers for kiddo & your whole family, since it's not any easier on you, i know!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, & have fun wrapping!!

Special K said...

I can't view these cool videos because, hello? Out in BFE with dial-up.
Could you pretty please send me food. I am dying here? LOL
I let everything go in the house because we are leaving Saturday and didn't want to come home to decayed food and well..just go read my entry for the rest.

PS Tell Captain Daddy the LEAST he can do is wrap your gift. GEEZ!! Girl do you get anything to surprise you? I would pamper you except it is the same way here. Hee!

Special K said...

Prayers and get better vibes for kiddo too!

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy! I am so going to have to make those wraps.

Wishing everything good for kiddo.

LMAO@the video! Funny as heck!

Mia said...

I do the same thing Burf. I'm not big into getting expensive things, if its something they really really want and its expensive everyone in my family pitches in. But Im like you I wrap everything except I have to make sure they each have exactly the same amount of gifts. lol

Phoenix5 said...

I'm with Marni on this one... SLOW DOWN!!!!!
I do not, I repeat, DO NOT want to read a post from Gigantor saying you're in hospital or worse because of a nervous breakdown, OK?

Just say "NO" sometimes... it's not hard... just a little word... one syllable..... try it!

;-)

Rhiannon said...

Merry Christmas Burfica! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Angel Blessings,

Rhi

Burfica said...

barbara--you too!!!

Biddie---I know i love watching Kiddo open up gifts.

Libby--ty ty yup lots of fun. gaaahhhh

K--I'll throw fruit loops at ya. hehehe

Ponderings--they really are yummie

Miranda--Omg yeah Alekx and I used to count the gifts, couldn't have a different amount. lol

Phoenix--okay okay, and I did say no about a lot of stuff this year, but nobody listened to me.

Rhi--OMG long time no seeeeeee!!!!! Good to see ya girlie. Merry Christmas to you too