CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Come on 2008, I can hardly wait!!!

I can hardly wait for 2008. I have had a rather bad 2007. It's not all been bad, but let me tell you it all hasn't been good either.

2007 saw the three of us sick, back to back to back. All Three of us, three times sick. That was January, and I was still recuperating from my fall on Christmas eve. Also Jan 17th was the first anniversary of my mothers death so it was a bad day, and sent me into a spiral of depression.

2007 two good friends lost their dad, one to a horrid accident and one to suicide.
2007 also had 4 other deaths of people we knew.

In March we had to put our old basset hound down. I was hard but the best thing possible. 2007 we also had to bury our poor Flutter. (parakeet)

2007 has not had my dad in the best of health. Blood clots, cardiologists, all sorts of stuff.

2007 was the year of surgeries and teeth, and surgeries because of teeth. Surgery for me, for Alekx for the house elf. Teeth problem for me and kiddo.

2007 One sister in law with her family moved back, and found out yesterday that one more is coming back. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now it wasn't all bad. I got to see Alekx and House Elf, we got a new dog, a new parakeet, Kiddo started middle school, and we are all still alive and kicking.

I would just really like to start the new year and hope that it goes better than last year. I'm not holding my breath though.

My wish for all of you this year. That if the year can't be perfect. That you all stay full of love, and hope, and stay alive and kicking when it's all said and done. That you all are happy with what you are given, and take the time to tell the one's you love that you love them.

And for all of you to keep on bloggin, cuz god knows I would go insane without reading all of you out there. You keep me going. I adore you all, and wish you all a very very.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY 2008!!!!!!!

I ADORE YOU ALL!!!!!






19 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Right back at ya, Burf! All the best in 2008!

Ryan said...

I thought my year was sort of bad...

Probably not - I believe you just put it in perspective for me.

Happy new years to you too.

MomThatsNuts said...

Like you, I am glad to see 2007 go..

Here's to YOU burf, a great friend, great supporter and all around good guy! You deserve a great year and I for one, hope you get it!!

Mom

Burfica said...

Phoenix--and a happy happy to you too

Ryan--as long as we are still kickin I guess it's a good year.

Mom--You are a great friend too my dear, and I hope you get a wonderful one too!!!!

none said...

I hope you have a healthier and happier 2008.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

According to my "sources" 2008 will be a better year for most people. Happy New Year Burf.

Alekx said...

That's what it's really all about, being happy with what you are given cuz we can't change the shit storm.

Love ya

Coffeypot said...

Well, 2007 ended badly. Dot was here and one of my friends who I served with in the Navy and was best man at my first wedding died last week. Investigation is on going, but it was either suicide or murder by his bitch of a girlfriend. But 2008 is starting off great. Dot is gone. YAGOO! I have my house back and my toilet paper consumption and trash bag trips will drop drastically. Oh! And the ice-cream bill will drop, too. Happy New Year to y’all, too.

captain corky said...

Happy New Year Burfica! I hope 2008 is a great year for you.

Burfica said...

hammer--thanks you too.

babzy--whooohooo that will be a relief.

alekx--yup and it's no use dodging the turd.

coffeypot--good deal it starting out better for you too.

corky--right back at ya my friend.

Mia said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May you have a way better year in 2008.

You deserve it all the way!

Burfica said...

miranda---ty we all do. hehehehe

Jules said...

Happiest New Year ever, Burf! Gawd... you really didn't have much luck in 2007. But the good news is this is an "even" year, so things will even out for you!!

MWAH, Sistah... love you!

Burfica said...

Jules--your so right, and 8 is my favoritest and luckiest number.

jAMiE said...

Have a safe, happy and healthy 2008 B...i hope this year will be everything you'd like it to be and more!

Any i look forward to your blogging in 2008

Libby said...

burfica-best of luck in 2008!! It almost HAS to be a really good year to make up for the last couple, right?

Monica said...

Happy 2008 Burfica. I lost some friends in 2007, too, and there were some rough spots. But I have to say...I'm eternally the optimist and my 2008 plans to be a better one.

And IF it should be the year when I have to leave this earth? Like I told Starsky...ever since that first stroke? I have no regrets. :)

But I plan to stick around for a long LONG time. :)

Take care of you.

Dorko said...

"Toot-to-Toootie"
Yep.
MY Lame (but, loving...) attempt at blowin' a New Year's Eve horn right at ya'll!

Canadian flake said...

fingers crossed for a better 2008 hon...

((((((hugs))))))))