CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Not a happy Camper

I'm not really a happy camper today. I've been fighting with the school for the past few days. Let me try to give you the short version.

Stupid ass band teacher is failing Kiddo because he can't do the tests. She is supposed to make special compensations for his disabilities but she won't. Talked to her a few times about it. Then she said he could play one instrument, I bought all the stuff, then she wouldn't let him play it. He doesn't like what he's playing now.

Then they are having a Christmas concert tomorrow night.
1. She told the kids they all had to get black pants, white shirt, tie, and a santa hat. If they didn't have these they wouldn't be allowed to play in the concert.

I had black pants for him, but they don't fit. I don't have money to go get more. He doesn't own a white shirt. This family doesn't do white. It would just get ruined first time we wore it. I ended up calling the principal. He said Kiddo would get to play no matter what. Band teacher was pissed. They went and bought him a black pair of pants. I borrowed a white shirt. They said they would provide santa hat.

2. She has been marking 2 points off of his grade every day that he doesn't bring a santa hat in.

Oh hell no!!! they said they would provide one, why is she taking points off his grade.

3. She just barely gave them a paper today saying that they had practice after school, wanted them to walk 4 blocks up hill carrying their instruments (a fucking tuba people) Then the paper said if they didn't have their hats and other stuff at practice, they couldn't play in the concert.

OH hell no!!!!! again!!!!!! She tried telling Kiddo he couldn't play in the concert because I didn't bring him a hat. Ummm you are supposed to fucking provide it.

4. She tried telling my son that he couldn't play in the concert because he didn't have his mouthpiece today, he misplaced it in another class. And not that he needs it. Seeing as the tuba he has has a broken valve and won't even play. He keeps telling her and she keeps saying he is lying.

OH FUCK ME NO!!!! She is going to fucking listen, and since it won't play, she is going to let me bring up the beat up piece of shit he has at home for practice that she gave him. At least it will play and he can play in the concert.

5. She is still trying to get him stopped from playing in the concert.

We are meeting with the principal tomorrow, and gonna demand to talk to her. The concert stuff, his grade and bringing a different tuba is going to be all worked out. GOING TO BE!!!! Then I am switching his music class for next semester.

She won't work with me, he's fucking out of her class. I know all his friends are in band, but he is hating it so bad, cuz she won't get the fuck off his back about stuff that he can't do or that isn't his fault.

I'm putting him in a "general music" class. They study all types of music. Classical, native american, african, all sorts and they get to try all the different instruments. I think he will like that alot better, then next year in 7th grade he will be allowed to join guitar like he really wants too.

Sorry not a good post, but I have been ticked off.

Hope you all have a good Thursday. I'm off to get some stuff done, and go to the concert. Enjoy everyone!!!!

12 comments:

none said...

Good lord that lady is a bitch. Keep her butt to the fire the principal will eventually get sick of her crap and tell what for.

Sorry you're going through that. I see it in my future as well.

Alekx said...

You can inform her she can get her shit together or big sister/auntie Alekx will be flying to AZ and she WILL NOT Like a sister tag team and if she has questions maybe she should ask around.
Bitch
Whore
Ass Wipe
Sperm burping gutter slut
puss infected herpies carrier
nuff said

Burfica said...

hammer--yeah she messed with the wrong parent this time. Good thing is though she is moving back east end of this year.

Alekx--I'm I'm sure after this week she's gonna be getting the message!! lol

Coffeypot said...

I would also include the school board. After the talk with the principle, I would follow up with a phone call/visit to the board and let them know what is going on.

This is not a life or death, money paid for position, type issue. It’s a fucking school class where kids are supposed to learn – and the teacher adjusts to help those who need it. Threats and ego bashing is not a requirement, and the teacher should not be in her position. Let her go professional (those who can’t, teach) if she wants to bully people.

And Alekx, you are funny. When the shit hits the fan, I am on your side. I don’t care what the fight is, it’s you and me.

Special K said...

OMG now you got me going!
Punishing a kid because of something beyond his control? WRONG!!!
Doing so because they are misbehaving or not doing something to their ability. OK.
What they are doing to your son?!
OMFG!! It is SO wrong.
Pisses me off that people can be SO fucking anal and at this time of year and over what? Stupid shit.
A good teacher/school would work together to help the cause,not take points away from a child.
OMG.
HUGS.

Burfica said...

coffee--I agree with you.. Just so you know Alekx is my real life sister, so you don't wanna piss either one of us off, and to piss both of us off is just suicide.

K--yeah that's why I'm right on top of this shit. I didn't realize anything was wrong with stuff till a couple weeks ago, and I tried with talking to her first, now I'm going over her head.

Anonymous said...

One major reason I now homeschool my boys! I got so sick of dealing with the teachers and our school system sucks ass!

Burfica said...

ponderings--yeah I can see that. I don't have the patients to home school. lol

Mia said...

I feel your pain. I always hated shit like that. I understand the idea that matching black pants and white shirts look 'nice' but who can afford that, especially if its never going to be worn again.

As for the other stuff, I hope it gets sorted out.

Burfica said...

miranda--thanks, yeah I'm on top of it.

Canadian flake said...

grrrrrrr fucking stupid asshole teachers...we are having similar problems still and it is totally pissing me off..

Go beat the shit outta her will ya?

lol

Jules said...

Oh yeesh, Burf - that SUCKS... the good thing is that he's got you for a mom who won't take no bullshit.