CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Randomness and busy weekend.

Well happy Monday to everyone!!! Isn't it sad when you are glad it's Monday so maybe you can get some rest??

The Suburban isn't running right still. It is running a bit better. We are hoping with a couple more doses of boost and heat (gas additives) that it will be running fine then. I've never gotten bad gas before (in the car people...sheesh) So this was a first for me.

My house smells soooooooooo good right now. Mixture of apples, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Making some apple butter and it has to cook for 17 hours in the crock pot. But OMG the smell.

Okay now I'm gonna tell you all about my weekend. hehehee Just so you can see I was a busy little Burfica.

Saturday Gigantor got up and was to work at 6 a.m. After he got off he ran to walmart and got the stuff I needed for the candle party and he got stuff for his work pot luck on Wed.

I got me and Kiddo up and fed, and then I wrapped a couple gifts.

Helped Gigantor put stuff away, and then started cleaning up the house. We didn't have to do much, straighten the living room, do dishes, clean off the table.
1/4 of the table is my "desk" for avon, 1/4 of it is Gigantors junk pile, and I had wrapping and stuff all over it. Got everything but the floors done.

It's about noon at this time. Gigantor went up to help the Uncle start butchering his elk. The uncle wanted a calf, but ended up getting a cow, so it was much bigger than he thought. So he said if we help butcher he would give us some meat. Which is nice, seeing as all the money we spent on hunting and Gigantor got nothing.

Kiddo and I hung some laundry. Then I was peeling, coring and dicing apples, while he was putting dishes away. Well a heavy green bowl fell out of the cupboard and hit him on the head, then shattered all over the floor. I screamed OH SHIT, cuz it startled me, plus it hit his head. He started crying and appoligizing. He wasn't crying out of pain, he thought I would be so mad. I kept telling him it was okay, accidents happen, then I had to yell at him not to move, cuz he was barefoot. So I got that cleaned up.

I got my 10 cups of apples all done and in the fridge, and it was about 3, so me and Kiddo went over to uncles.

They were working on the 2nd quarter. They did the two front quarters first. Kiddo and I got put to work doing the hamburger. They had a big bowl of scrap, and we had an electric grinder and some cut up pork fat, and we got to work.

We ground up the hamburger then I got to work separating it and wrapping it in plastic wrap, to keep air out. Then you wrap it in butcher/freezer paper, and label and date it. I got 30 packages of elk burger off the front end. Then I helped wrap all the other meat. Steaks, roast, stew meat...etc....

Finished the front end and it was about 6 that evening. Cleaned up some and Uncle ordered some pizza. After pizza we got busy working on one of the hind quarters. gahhh we shouldn't have done that, cuz there is much more meat on the ass end of an elk. lol

We got home about 11 that night, and were so tired we just poured into bed. I'm not even sure if we fed the dogs. uggghhhh

Sunday, we set the alarm for 6. gahhh

Got up and did the floors, and made home made peanut butter bars with chocolate on top. I'll post that recipe soon. OMG soooo good. Then I cut up meat and cheese and made a tray of it.

Then it was 9:30, went to Uncles. He made us some eggs, then we finished up the last quarter of the elk. He put me to work doing all the wrapping, then I did the hamburger with Kiddo and more wrapping. He said I was so quick wrapping and did such a good job, that I just got designated to do that. LOL

We ate the leftover pizza, then Gigantor helped him load the elk in the freezer. Uncle took out some deer he still had in there and a good 1/4 of the elk and put it in an ice chest and gave it to us. whoooohooooooo!!!!!

But I did make and wrap 58 packages of elk burger, and wrapped 30 packages of steak, 9 or 10 roasts, some tips, and tenderloins. Man I was dreaming of plastic wrap and wrapping meat. hehehehe

We came home at 1 and finished a cookie tray and the peanut butter bar tray and made some punch.

Then Gigantor took a nap on the couch, and people showed up. Had a nice candle party. The people that came ordered enough that I got 30 dollars off my order. I ordered 5 big candles. Now those candles are usually 15 bucks or some a bit smaller are 12 each. After all my discounts, I got the 5 for 42 dollars. That is not bad at all. whoooohooooo

We then cleaned up after everyone left, and Gigantor made a rock on pork tenderloin. We watched some t.v. then got up and cooked all those apples. Then put them in the food processer, and realized that we needed a good double batch. So I went to peeling, coring and cutting again. I only had enough for 8 cups instead of 10, but we went with it.

Got the apple butter all ready to go, and then cleaned up the kitchen and stuff. Turned the apple butter on and went to bed. gahhhh I was tired.

Today is a massive amounts of coffee day.

I hope you all had a great weekend, and have a good Monday, this post is so long, I'm gonna stop it here.


16 comments:

Libby said...

..."We came home at 1 and finished a cookie tray and the peanut butter bar tray"

what a lunch that would be...d'oh! haha, sounds good to me...maybe a'la mode?

Anonymous said...

EVERYday is a massive amounts of coffee day in this house.

Coffeypot said...

I know what you mean about the house aromas. Grannydot’s chair is next to the Christmas tree and quiet often it smells like someone shit in a pine forest.

As for the elk, after it is field-dressed and skinned, just lay it on the carport and run the ridding lawnmower over it a few times. Takes about five minuets! And, if anyone ask about the grass in the meat, tell them it parsley or something. Then you will have enough time left in the day to sit at the table and drink a brewskey or two.

Mia said...

ok...now Im exhausted and need another 2 days off. lol

Burfica said...

libby--yeah well one of the rows of bars didn't cut right, so I had to eat it. lol

jj--amen sista, here too, just even more so today.

Coffeypot--that is to dam funny. We did lose a bandaid, so I'm curious to find where that ended up. hehehehe

Miranda--can I have a couple off too???

Alekx said...

I had a comment all ready then I got to giggleing about shit in a pine forest from coffeypots comment and I think I pee'd so I better go shower now

Burfica said...

alekx--yeah that coffeepot is funny people.

MomThatsNuts said...

elk burgers?? EWWWWWW

we put the tree up today.

yay mom

Canadian flake said...

ok as far as the elk goes...wayyyy TMI for this city gal..lmao.

The apple butter sounds yummy...you should post how to do that too..pleaseeee..


Love ya honey

Phoenix5 said...

Elk burgers.... MMmmmmmmmmmmm....
I haven't had me an elk burger in YEARS! I'm all sorts of envious of your "little" haul there, Burf! My father-in-law is an avid hunter, but hasn't gone in the last few years. I think he's now officially classified as an "Arm-chair Hunter"! I'm no hunter myself, but I sure enjoy the taste of game!

Hope Kiddo's head doesn't break anymore dishes! Have a great week!

Burfica said...

mom--yayyyyyy for the tree and pppfffttt for the not liking elk. hehehehe

Flake--awww come on, don't knock it till you try it. Yeah I do need to post that recipe too.

Phoenix--bummer that you don't get any game anymore. I like elk better than deer, but they are both good.

Canadian flake said...

bluckkkkkkk to elk burgers but yummy to apple butter recipe...hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

Oooooh how I love apple butter!

You'll have to share your recipe. (hint hint)

Burfica said...

Flake and Ponderings--okay okay I'll put the easy squeazie recipe up. hehehehe

jAMiE said...

I don't know about elk, is it gamey? It sounds it but what do i know?

Apple butter sounds yummy..how do you use it?

They call him James Ure said...

Our house smells great right now too. We have a wreath and I love the pine smell. To augment the smell we bought a pine Yankee candle and a cinnamon apple one. It's kind of cheating but I love the mixture of those smells.