CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Couple things today

Oh my gosh the house smelled so good all day!!! Soooooooo good. I was quite busy doing some cards, (to hand out to in town and my customers), doing some little thank you gifts for some customers, and wrapping some other gifts. And doing the apple butter. I've had a few requests for this easy squeezie recipe. So.....

Apple Butter

10 cups peeled, cored, apples.
6 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves.

You can use paraffin in your jars, or not, I don't, I just use the canning jelly jars. It usually never last long enough to need the paraffin. A double batch does 12 8 oz jars.

Anywhoo. Cook the apples in a big pot, (just boil till soft) Put them in a blender to make nice and smooth.

Put apples in the slow cooker, add sugar , cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Stir well.

Cover and cook in the slow cooker for 17 hours, stir every once in a while. Take the lid off the last 2 hours of cooking.

Boil your jars, and fill them hot, set them to the side and they will pop/seal in 12 to 24 hours. Keep refrigerated after opening.

If you don't jar it at all, keep it in a plastic dish in the refrigerator, it will last a week or two. But usually doesn't last that long around here. hehehehe

Now just for shits and giggles I have to leave you with a video.

Not only does this explain how the dinosaurs really became extinct, but it also brings tons of giggles from 11 year old boys. And they play it over and over again.






Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!!!!

10 comments:

Jules said...

Mmmmm... smells so good, even all the way over here. And I'm talking about the apple butter, not the farts... ;O)

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you so much for the recipe! I plan on making some of this for Christmas!

The video had me cracking up! he he

Libby said...

hey, burfica!!
i LOVE that video!! (does that mean i think like an 11-yr old?)

Special K said...

I am just going to keep re-reading "doing the apple butter" for my shits and giggles today. M'kay? LOL

Burfica said...

Jules--I was wondering until you specified

Ponderings--Yeah had me cracking up too. I'm buying more apples to make another double batch tonight

libby--I think it's great too!!!!

K-- Knock yourself out, I say lots of things that can be taken as nasty. hehehehe

Alekx said...

Ummmm what is it with Kiddo, gigantor and elf and farts
I don't get it
oh well.

Burfica said...

alekx---yes but that big dinosaur clapping cracks me up every time.

Phoenix5 said...

ROTFLMAO!

Loved that video! As I always say, "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!" And I opted out of growing up a long time ago

I changed the sound my computer makes when I empty the Recycle Bin to a fart followed by a drunken giggle... drives my wife crazy, and my girls into fits of giggles!

Thanks for the laughs, my friend!

Burfica said...

phoenix--yeah farts are big humor around here.

Canadian flake said...

sok that video is just sickkkkkk...but wayyyy too funny..lmaooooooo.