CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Good Weekend

We had a pretty good weekend!! Very productive....

On Friday night we finished decorating the tree. Captain Daddy was down for a while, but he went home cuz he wasn't feeling well. Saturday he felt like crap and stayed in bed.

Saturday Gigantor went to work till almost noon. I did get to sleep in. Then we had a breakfast for lunch and watched a t.v. program. Right after we went to the new General Dollar store that opened up. I found a frame, a little goodie for Kiddo, and a gift for the Avon Christmas party. It's an animated tree that sings rocking around the christmas tree. It was only 5 dollars which was the gift limit.

We grabbed some cup cakes from walmart, and came home and cleaned up a bit of stuff. Then we went to the In Laws for dinner. They wanted everyone up at his parents for dinner and to decorate their tree. We got there and one niece and her daughter were there. Nobody else was coming. Kiddo and the other little one decorated the tree. Mother in law made some spaghetti. (ummm that is not one of the recipe's of hers I want)

It was not good people, it was okay I guess, but not good.

Now I have a hard time with tomato sauces. I have to neutralize the acid in the tomato's or it kills me. And I can't stand Prego spaghetti sauce. We use Ragu, of course we really add to it.

She did a jar of Prego and one of Ragu, and she did garlic, but cooked it so hot and long it was burnt and bitter. She cooked some onions so long and hot they disintegrated. Then she boiled the sauce, not simmered, but boiled the sauce for about 40 minutes. She boiled the noodles for over 30 minutes then let them sit in the hot water for another good 15. Ummm we ate more when we came home. hehehehe

Sunday, we got up and had biscuits and gravy for lunch. hehehehe

We then got very busy. We got all the Christmas decorations up in the house. I got a Christmas news letter written out and pictures set up to mail in the cards. We were going to vacuum and then hang lights outside, but we ended up working on the vacuum for over an hour. We finally got it working again. But that means we didn't get lights up outside.

Gigantor has got to do a few things before Thursday. He is going hunting again. He is going to get the lights up, and get the bird cage cleaned, the cooler shut down, and get me some stuff set up for while he will be gone.

Also Captain Daddy's birthday is Wednesday. He said he wanted my spaghetti, cuz he hasn't had "good" spaghetti in over a year he says. So...I'm gonna make a big old pot of the good stuff. hehehehe

Okay I'm off to go read, and then go shower and go to bed. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and have a great Monday!!!

20 comments:

Biddie said...

Well, your weekend sounds way more productive then mine.
I HATE cooking, and I am not terribly good at it, either, but WHO can screw up noodles and sauce? Good grief.

Anonymous said...

I love to cook and bake!

My MIL however can't cook worth a damn.I don't know how her kids ever survived eating her cooking,but they did.

Spaghetti sounds yummy! I may have to make some this week.

Phoenix5 said...

I have a problem with tomatos too. My problem is that there is an enzyme in tomato seeds that I just can not digest. So, if a homemade spaghetti sauce hasn't been simmered for a VERY long time (like all day), I'll get very sick. So to avoid that, Mrs. Phoenix makes a wonderful meaty sauce using ground beef, tomato soup, worchestershire sauce and garlic and onion powders. YUMMY! And NO projectile you-know-whats later! LOL!

My weekend was much less productive than yours (and quite deliberately so), but we did get the tree up at least. Now it needs to be decorated...

Burfica said...

biddie--I agree, and it was the store bought stuff she screwed up.

Ponderings--my MIL had 9 kids, they all said she was a good cook. Gigantor has since changed his mind since eating mine. heheheh

Phoenix--yeah it plays hell with me too, so just a touch of sugar in the sauce counters the acid, and it doesn't tear me up anymore.

Anonymous said...

My husband makes a MEAN sauce!!!

I should get his recipe...he makes it look so easy.

Burfica said...

jj--yeah mine is shaping up to be a pretty good cook too.

none said...

I can't do the store bought stuff anymore..too sweet. I usually just toss the noodles in a skillet with garlic, olive oil and some diced fresh tomatoes.

burnt garlic..yuck

Canadian flake said...

hmmmmmm your MIL sounds like my EX MIL...thank god the gnome's mom is a great cook...AND lives far enough away that we don't see them very often...a great combination..lmao.

Alekx said...

should have your mother in law hang out with mine. Maybe they will poison each other.

Burfica said...

hammer--I'm not big on most pasta. But I'll eat pasgetti once in a while

Flake--yeah it was okay when they lived away, or here with no other siblings here, but with both it's horrid

Alekx--I think that's a miracle that isn't going to happen.

Libby said...

dam, burfica, alekx has a GREAT idea, huh?
and you've made me hungry for spaghetti big-time!! also, when i worked for a big Italian family, the 'mama' wouldn't make spaghetti sauce without beef broth...it was really better than i thought!! added something different to it! however, i had a different Italian friend who swore by cooking ham hocks in the sauce (and removing them before serving!)...

Burfica said...

libby--I love ham hocks in pinto beans, and I don't remove them, all that meat is yummie. hehehehe

Special K said...

OMG how in the hell do you screw up spaghetti? She must be kin to my inlaws. They belong to the cantreadinstructions tribe.

Burfica said...

special K--mine also are in the dontlistentoawordyousay clan.

Jules said...

I always make my own spag sauce, from scratch... it's the best!

Happy early Birthday, Gigantor!! Hope you get a little shag from Burf!! ;OP

Mia said...

I love productive weekends, feels so good to get things accomplished.

Burfica said...

jules--um honey, you didn't read right. It's Captain Daddy's b-day not Gigantors. I ain't shaggin nuttin. lol

Miranda--yeah I do too, but not to tiring one's.

Susan said...

I had a productive weekend, now Im tired, I need another few more days off work..all this food talk is making Me hungry..

Burfica said...

susan--yeah come monday I'm so tired, I can hardly wait for the weekend.

captain corky said...

"ummm that is not one of the recipe's of hers I want"

LOL!!!