CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Cosmic Turd is back

That cosmic turd that was shitting on my head for so long is back. I swear...I dunno how to make it go away.

We went in and the principal isn't there till Monday. But we did talk to the band teacher, got a few things straightened out. Going to go back on Monday and talk to her and the principal and get it all straightened out.

The concert went well, and Kiddo had tons of fun, so that is all good. He looked so dam cute!! hehehehe

On the way to the concert my suburan was acting weird. Coughing and sputtering. After the concert it was doing it worse, almost died on us a couple times.

Started it this morning to warm up and it was doing it real bad. It kept revving itself to right that, and it seemed to be running okay. On the way up to drop Kiddo off at school, the service engine light came on. After I dropped him off, it coughed and lurched and tried to die the entire way home. I brought it home and just parked it.

Gigantor and the mechanic from his work thinks it could be one of three things. I'll put them in order of what I wish they are.
1. The fuel filter, we are hoping for not an inline one, but even inline is better than the alternatives. Cost a bit and is a bitch to put in, but is doable.
2. The fuel pump. Cost quite a bit and is a major bitch to put in. lol But still doable
3. The internal computer. Cost way to much, impossible to buy and put in, will just take the suburban, stick some antlers on it, and pretend it's a fucking elk and shoot at the thing. Cuz that's all it will be good for then.

But no matter what it is. I have no money, and to break down right before Christmas?? WTF???

So...anyhow, I hope Gigantor can get it fixed tonight. In the mean time, I'm calling around scrambling. Trying to find rides to and from places. Trying to find someone to get my kid after school. Of course Gigantor's parents have two cars but god forbid they should loan us one for a day or two. grrrrrr

And to put the icing on the cake. I guess our thermostat in the house has to remind us every so often that it is going out as well. The thermometer says it's 62 degree's in here, yet I had to turn the heat up to 86 before I could get it to kick on.

And it's snowing hailing here. Can't make up it's mind, so it's doing both. Now as I don't mind either. But it's all blue skys around this one cloud, and it's been dumping on us for over an hour now. lol And I wish it would be clear till Gigantor can get the suburban fixed.

Okay that's my pissy Friday. Hope you all have a better one. hehehehe

16 comments:

Maddy said...

Anything to do with cars is a nightmare, but in this particular instance, I think the thermostat thing would trump everything else.
Beaming you heat darts.
Cheers

Can anyone explain the extra box that seems to have mysteriously appeared on blogger comments? Something with an update thingy?

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Burfica said...

maddy--whooohoo heat darts, I can use them. hehehehe

Coffeypot said...

I am! I only had a flat tie this morning. But there is no snow, no rain, no money, and no fucking reason why shit has to happen this time of the year.

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of your weekend turns out much better for you!

Kat said...

Hey Burfy!

Piggies socialize pretty fast...they love the attention...especially when given carrots! I've only been bitten once by a piggy and that was our bear bear & it was my own fault...I handled him right after chopping up an onion...he was wanting some onion, I guess! LOL

Guinea Pigs are wonderful pets...but they do require daily handling. They aren't like gerbils or hamsters that are just fine being left alone in their cages. Piggies are higher maintenance than the rodents...they are very similar to taking care of a bunny....they love to chew like a bunny, too!

Merry Christmas, Burfy!

Burfica said...

coffeepot---if it shouldn't be happening, it always does to me. lol

Ponderings--yeah me too, thanks.

Kat--Hey chickie long time no see. Thanks for the info. Something I would have to think on, cuz I dunno if I have enough time or attention I can dish on them right now

Libby said...

burf-damn, i'm so sorry to hear about this shit! i hope so bad you thermostat in your house isn't going bad! the car really sucks too....damn! december sucks sometimes!

Alekx said...

Damn car
Damn house
Damn Teacher
Damn Principle
Damn Bullies
Damn Guinna Pigs
well maybe not the guinna pigs
but damn shit and hell

Burfica said...

Libby--if he's picking on me, he's leaving some other poor fool alone.

alekx--Dam it!!!!

MomThatsNuts said...

ahhh I am sorry you had a crappy friday! We have been all done with the rain sleet hail for a couple days. Awesome! I will pray for cheap repairs. Been there, done that....maybe your AFGHAN will come a little AFTER christmas...crimeny!!

Mom

Burfica said...

mom--I would love it to snow for a few days, give the kids a white christmas. hehehehe

Azathoth100 said...

sorry to hear that the turd has returned. hopefully you'll be able to flush it away soon.

Burfica said...

aza---I need to get a cosmic sized enema!!!

Well not for me, but for the universe. hehehehehe

if it was for me, that would hurt..

Can you tell I'm tired??? lol

Special K said...

Glad the concert went good sorry about the shitty luck on the suburban and $$ situation. I always say that cars know when to crap out on ya. I swear!

Canadian flake said...

I was gonna come hide at your place...but I wanna go somewhere warmmmmmmm..lol.

I will pick you up and we can run away together....lmao.

Jules said...

Glad to hear the concert went well... sorry - oh so sorry - to hear that the suburban is acting up... stupid fucking vehicles, hey? Oh babes... I hope that turns out well...