CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 22, 2004

Different Kind of Storm

Well the storm did hit, but it was a massive rain storm, not the almighty's sense of humor again. hehehehe It's been raining here since 10 o'clock Saturday night, and is still raining. Gosh I know we need the rain, but it sure makes my knees sore, and makes the poor old man (our old bassett hound) hurt. So, him and me both got pain pills last night.

This weekend was very interesting around here. Friday I got the kiddo early from school. About noon I got him. It was a treat. When his auntie Alekx was gonna be here he was going to get off two half days this past week. So...since she didn't come, we still let him have on off. Then we went and rented him a video game for the weekend. He got Shrek 2, looks cute. Friday night we ran to one of the stores, (as mentioned in my last blog) trying to beat the Saturday crowd for Thanksgiving shopping. Got our 21lb turkey for free. yayyyyyyyyyy

Saturday Gigantor had to work till about 11 in the morning. He comes home and goes. "why are you still in your pajamas we have stuff to do?" At which I say, " I was waiting for you so we could shower together (wink wink)." At which time he just sighed and went "whatever" Okay, so I will admit, every day is full of "shits and giggles" around here. Just some days have more of one than the other. ha ha ha ha Guess Saturday leaned more away from the giggles side. I made it up to him in the shower though. Then I had to haul his butt out to another store anyway. Finish up my Thanksgiving shopping. We came home exhausted and rather blah. So we sat down and cut veggies together and made a salad, then I made some french onion soup (like the one at TGI Fridays, with the giant cruton and melty cheese on top) My friend Pett, gave me the easiest and bestest recipe. So we had nice soup and salad and a movie Saturday night. So nothing exciting on Saturday, unless you count boys burping and wondering around the house in their underwear exciting. I think it was a primitive bonding ritual between father and son.

Sunday had me waking up to the smell of cooking chicken. (In the morning) I go "what are you doing" Gigantor says "cooking chicken" I'm like well duh but why?? He says he is gonna bbq it later for dinner. (we like to cook ours first, so it's easier to bbq) I'm like it's raining, he says "so" Okay whatever he wants. He is, of course, a bbq God. I have to admit, he has done some of the best recipes on the bbq. He loves to grill. And he was bound and determined that (as he put it) "dam rain cloud" will keep him from bbq ing. He did make the bestest, yummiest chicken. And not much exciting happened on Sunday either. Although Gigantor did start jumping up and down in the kitchen.
me: why are you doing that??
him: I have to sneeze
me: and jumping up and down helps with this?
him: I don't know, but it seemed to be the thing to do
me: well good luck with that
him: thanks
me: don't put a hole through the floor
him: ahhhhhhhhhhh CHOOOOOOOOOO (in a whisper) oh my god
me: what?
him: don't walk in here
me: why not?
him: (muffled cuz he was in the laundry room) because I said so
me: what the hell??
Then he came out with the mop and started mopping.
I don't know how I should react to this, or what else I should say. except ewwwwwwww.
Sorry if I over stepped that invisible boundary of what you shouldn't say in a blog. LOL
Have a good Monday everyone.

6 comments:

Alekx said...

ewwwwwwwwwww I am never never NEVER walking in your kitchen again. I don't even want to know about the sanitary issues of the nooks and crannies. Hmmmmmmm I'm thinking entirely TMI there baby girl.
ick
Thanks...I can't get snot boogers out of my head now.
ughhh

kitten said...

double super ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Could have used a little more detail about the shower scene though..no spanking?

I got a free torket too. And Im not even cooking!! I stuck it in freezer in the barn for Chtristmas. I do both...the ham and the turkey and then my dad or one of my brothers brings some God awful nasty game thing, like last years delacacy..stuffed deer heart. Blech!!!!

Burfica said...

I'm with you kitten. blechhhhhhh But my husband would love it. hehehehehe

kitten said...

I realy have to start proof reading my comments


torket...what the hell is that?

But whats worse, YOU understood it..must be a mom thing..lol

Burfica said...

yeah it's gotta be a mom thing. Either that or I have a degree in typo. Cuz I do them all the time.
I like torket's LOL

ThreeOliveMartini said...

well you have put up with me how many years? you have to have that PhD in typo by now.. remember i have my own language .. Pettlish .. glad you still are enjoying the french onion soup recipe.. i love that stuff.. maybe that is what i will have this weekend ..