CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Things that go bump in the night, the oven, the truck, and my head

Okay I haven't blogged in about a week. Mostly because all the things that happened would have created a very negative and bitchy entry. So...anyhow...I may have a better outlook on things now. Remember I told you about the light at the end of the tunnel. Well...I was right...it was a convoy coming to run our asses over again and again. hehehehehe

Saturday we went up to the Fall Festival. It's run by the Helping Hands school. (for mentally disabled children and adults) So...the kids go and buy tickets and play games and win little prizes. Like little toys or candy. And...the student of helping hands do art work. They do paintings, and photography. Then they sell it at a silent auction. I won three pieces of art at the auction in July. I bid on 7 this last time, but didn't win any. Some of these things get up to 50 or 60 bucks. But I never go over 20. I could get really carried away. Then the students get half the money they piece goes for and the school gets the other half. It was lots of fun. But...we didn't get home till almost 7 that night. Just to put something in the oven to warm up. Upon closing the oven my husband saw a flash then sparks. We open the oven to see that the element had burned through and was still burning. He turned the oven off....just to realize that it wouldn't shut off. The light stayed on and the element continued to burn. Getting hotter and hotter, and starting to have small flames. So, my husband starts to move the stove out so he can unplug it. (my stove sits at an angle in a corner part of the house) The oven gets stuck and won't move....the heat is getting hotter...element stillburning...small flames getting bigger. My husband (GIGANTOR), with a big grunt, picks the darn thing straight up and backs up to get it away from the wall so we can unplug it. Stove unplugged, no fire. yayyyyyyyyyy Now if it was me, and it wouldn't have moved out so I could unplug it. I would be calling my husbands colleagues at the fire dept. LOL So...since sat we have been cooking on an electric burner and in the crock pot. Guy came to look at it on Monday...ordering parts...can't fix till this weekend.

Sunday was trick or treating. I love seeing all the kids in their costumes. There were tons of cheerleaders, princesses, lady bugs, power rangers, spider mans, and the serial killer from the movie scream. Okay and I have to ask, when did Freddy Krueger become a great child's costume. I seen probably 10 Freddies. When that movie first came out in the 80's is scared the shit out of me. I will say my son's was pretty original. I didn't see one other ninja....and the little girl going as "dirty laundry" was pretty original too. So...at the end of Halloween night my suburban starts making noises like a haunted house would make. All the people we were with was joking about it. As I broke out in a cold sweat wondering what else could go wrong. The noise got worse and worse. Husband took it to two shops on Monday, only to find out that our alternator was shot. Luckily we were able to get it fixed that day. 170 bucks later. (ouch)

So lets see...oven and suburban... that should equal two semi's in the convoy running me over. Anyone know how many semi's are in a convoy?? I want to know how much else to expect. LOL

Anyone watch the election coverage last night. I was up till 1 in the morning, biting my nails and praying. Now we have to wait on stupid Ohio. My husband and I were talking about what the news was saying. And if a certain canidate would concede, because the other one has 4 million more in the popular vote, then my husband and I would maybe, I mean maybe, have an ounce of respect for him. But, since he has been talking out of both sides of his mouth this entire campaign, and we think he will screw this country over and over again. We don't think he really cares about America or it's people, so he probably won't. As you can see I'm very passionate about this election.

Okay enough. I'm going to go eat some peanut butter. hehehehhehee Wonder if that will end up in my bra?? Not much has been lost down my bra lately. I think it's laying in wait for some big items. Note to self, when bra starts sucking things into the vortex again....walk through expensive jewelry store, or bank. hehehehehe If only.. right??

3 comments:

Alekx said...

You and your bra stay away from my jewelry display damnit.
there are at least 80 semis in a convoy. Time to back up 10 and punt.

Burfica said...

eighty EIGHTY!!!! Okay I'm going into hiding.

Waggles bra clad boobies at everyone expensive items.

OMG did I just say that out loud??

Alekx said...

That was your playground voice not your church voice