CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Important Things

I learned a few important things yesterday. The number one thing being. Do not, I repeat DO NOT take a heavy duty pain pill with your high blood pressure pill. Not a good combination. Okay so I was a little dizzier than usual, and it felt like I was floating (like that time at the Poison concert back in the 80's---but that's another story) , and my fingers were tingling a little. But when I really got scared was when I started seeing white and cloudy spots in my field of vision. Then I knew I had to go lay down. Although most everyone wanted me to go to the hospital. I said no, and went and layed down and waited for my hubby to come home and check on me. His orders (as the e.m.t. he is) was to NEVER do that again, and to space the pills at least 3 hours apart. His comment (as that dear husband of mine) was why the hell did you do that you dork??

Something I learned from my son yesterday, which might be important to save some of your lives. Is apparently one should not sneeze and fart at the same time. As he says "It almost killed me mom" I guess when you do that combination you tend to bite your tongue, and he says your ass (well he said butt--cuz he's only 8) hurts real bad, and you have to run and go to the bathroom afterward. So, since this particular combination of bodily functions at the same time, will almost "kill" an 8 year old instead of send him into fits of giggles. I think it should be avoided at all costs.

I also learned that, although my husband is an awesome cook. Some days he should never be allowed to go in the kitchen. The first thing being, he tells me the burner isn't on, so I go and get some spices out to spice up the meat for our spaghetti sauce. Where as, I almost light my shirt on fire from leaning over and finding out, OUCH yes the burner is not only on it's flaming hot. I proceed to give him the "rolling eyes glare" he shrugs and goes "oh sorry I forgot I turned it on." I walk in later to find my favorite spoon (heavy duty plastic) is sitting on the edge of the pot. The pot that is on top of the flaming hot burner. The spoon now has a big melted gouge in the handle. grrrrrr I hate it that they can't take the dam spoons out of the pot. This time the glare is accompanied by a yelling at. He stomps in the kitchen (just like my 8 year old) pouting (again like the boy) and says " I didn't do it on purpose" (and we wonder where our children get the dumb excuses) Then he throws the spoon in the sink, splashing spaghetti sauce all over the wall. Which he kindly leaves for me to clean up. Then it all turns a little funny. He hollers, dinners ready, and as we all head into the kitchen, he is trying to dish out spaghetti sauce with a slotted spoon. I proceed to crack up and say, "your gonna be here a while" he then gets aggravated and puts that spoon down, and is now trying to dish up the sauce with the pasta spoon. You know, the funny shaped one with the spikes on it, and the holes in the bottom. That just sent everyone into fits of laughter. He is a good cook, really. Just not the brightest match in the stack. hehehehee

Never a dull moment at my house, never a dull moment. I will definatly earn all these laugh lines I'm getting. hehehehehee
Happy Veterans Day everyone!!!!!!

4 comments:

kitten said...

WOw! You husband KNOWS where the kitchen IS??? An how to use the stove?

Mine would die of starvation should (God forbid)anything serious ever befall me and prevent me from Wifely Duty # 2!!!

Oh...you already know what Wifely Duty #1 is...lol

Happy veterens Day to You to!

Alekx said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!

I think laughing about the kiddo doing the sneeze fart thing is going to KILL me. I can just picture the serious look on his face with that little devil may care twinkle in his eye. The child needs serious professional help..after all look at his role models (his autie Alekx being the the only innocent, positive role model he has Hehehe)

Burfica said...

yeah pink I got to see Poison. Headlining for them was Anthrax, whom we all boo'd off stage, and headlining for Anthrax was Britany Fox, whom we kept calling back on after we boo'd Anthrax off. hehehehehee Lets just say that when everyone around you is smoking pot, it's impossible to not get a contact high. I was floating all night. hehehehe

Phoenix5 said...

I am still laughing about this post! Farting and sneezing....LMAO!!! As for your husband cooking, sounds like he has more kitchen skills than I do! Lucky you! My wife says that at least I can cook KD and Chef Boyardee without TOO much trouble! ;-) So I'm not a total loss! Too funny!