CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Tired

I am so tired this evening. Pooped. Today was the day I do all the prep stuff so that I'm not slaving and foaming at the mouth trying to get everything done tomorrow before dinner. My mother wanted to come down and "help me" She is handicapped, (her back and legs) and has a hard time getting around. So...I went and picked her up at about 1. She said she was ready. I waited for over a half hour for her. She then said, "I'm tired, lets go get a burger" so we went and got lunch, and brought her and her dogs down here to the house. After lunch, I then commenced to chopping, seasoning, mixing, crying (onions), stirring, melting, boiling and grating. We made enough stuffing to stuff the 21lb turkey and have another pan of stuffing to cook. We boiled the eggs for deviled eggs. According to Gigantor "there isn't enough eggs in the world to have ENOUGH deviled eggs" Then I grated 3 lbs of carrots for the carrot raisin salad. Gigantor got home, brought the mail. Mom started going through the mail, and flung it all over the table. I then started the filling for pies. It ended up being enough for 5, yes that would be 5 pumpkin pies. Then mom was nice enough to buy us chinese food for dinner. After dinner we were pooped, but Gigantor still had to take mom home, and we have to do some cleaning up.

We have a pretty good dinner around the holidays. I always make what we are having tomorrow, but sometimes I make a bigger menu depending on how many people will be eating. So, we are having the turkey---21lbs
Stuffing--we make a dry western dressing, no mushrooms, oysters, or meat in it. More like a sage dressing, I love the crispy edges from the extra stuffing cooked
Crescent rolls--don't you just love the pilsbury boy??
Candied yams--A must
Carrot Raisin Salad-- one of my favs
Pink PooFoo--A friend named it, basically packet of cherry jello powder mixed with one tub of whip cream, add one tub of cottage cheese, and one can of pineapple chunks drained.
Cranberry Sauce---ick but mom and hubby like
Black Olives--kiddo loves to put them on all his fingers and have you eat them off
Giblet Gravy--hubby and mom love, hubby makes his mom's recipe. Smells good, but I hate the taste, so I have the gravy you get from the powder packet. LOL the mushroom gravy.
Oh and don't forget the Deviled eggs--God help me with the house full of egg farts later.
That is about it. If I have a bunch of people over. I also make a fruit salad, green bean casserole, and a veggie tray. I have an interesting twist on the green bean casserole though. I get pretty bored of that. So, I make something called a swiss vegetable medley. Mainly for pot luck dinners. You take a package of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot (frozen) mix with 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, some milk, some grated cheese, and half a can of frenches onions. Cook for an hour in a backing dish, then top with frenches onions and more cheese. It's yummalicious. hehehehe

I know, rather boring tonight. Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. May you truly be safe and happy this holiday. Make sure you give all your loved ones, friends and family, extra hugs and kisses so they know how important they are. And give all the little fuzzy creatures and extra scratch and treat. God Bless everyone.

10 comments:

Alekx said...

Well your dumb site is now letting me leave a comment I was trying all day.
You should live here and we'd take you out to dinner then you wouldn't have to cook
har har har
Love you

ThreeOliveMartini said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!


I wish I were there !!

kitten said...

Happy Thanksgiving to You Burfica, Gigantor and lil Gigantor!

Alekx and Olive too!!!

kitten said...

Happy Thanksgiving to You Burfica, Gigantor and lil Gigantor!

Alekx and Olive too!!!

kitten said...

Happy Thanksgiving to You Burfica, Gigantor and lil Gigantor!

Alekx and Olive too!!!

Mia said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!...I followed my way here through the comment road. Great blog, dinner there sounds wonderful. Being Canadian, we already had ours, but I could do it again now. lol. The menu looks great...Bon Apetite!!!

Burfica said...

Kitten??? too much wine???



Kitten??? Too much wine???


Kitten??? Too much wine???

Sorry I had too. LOL

kitten said...

Burf..where the heck are ya..post baby! I miss you...

kitten said...

I wish..(wine that is).....friggin BLOGGER....a pox on blogger , a pox!!!!!!

~SugarBear~ said...

I feel for ya with all the egg farts you're gonna deal with! I love reading your blog! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!