CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 08, 2004

Monday at my house

Hmmmm what can I say about Monday at my house. Usually it isn't so bad. I woke up to my back actually feeling a little better. The pain pills are starting to work good. It has been raining since last night. Supposed to rain through tomorrow, then clear up and maybe rain again on Friday. More moisture than we have had in over 7 years. Been nice.

My husband must have had a complete meltdown this morning. He gets up at 4 in the morning and leaves for work before my son and I are even awake. He always comes in and gives me a kiss and says I'll call you at lunch time. That's our routine. So this morning I wake up to my son going, "Is daddy home" I'm like "no he's at work" Then my son says "what's in the microwave" hmmm I wonder. So I come out to find my husband (who left for work over 2 hours ago) has left his hot cocoa in the microwave. Okay whatever. My son and I then find two pieces of made cinnamon toast sitting on the oven. I'm starting to wonder now if someone snatched up my husband before he could have his very nutritious breakfast. hehehehehe But that is not all, it got more bizarre. I found a flashlight turned on sitting on the couch. I found all the papers he wanted to take to work sitting where he left them. So...I start thinking, maybe he was way over tired, and just forgot everything. Then I saw it, there on the counter, his fire dept radio. Anyone who ever has known my husband, knows that this radio is surgically attached to his hip. He won't even take it off here at home. It stays on his hip, only time it is off is when he's in the shower, (then it's on the shelf next to the shower) and when he's sleeping (then it is within 4 inches of his head all night) So to see it on the kitchen counter, not attached to my husband was almost a spooky thing. That is when I began to seriously contemplate the fact that he might have gotten abducted by aliens. But alas no, he came home at lunch time. I asked him what happened, and he looked at me with this vacant look (you know the one, blank stare, line of drool out of corner of mouth, and slight hum from the hamster wheel turning in his head). But he was full of piss and vinegar. Not the "I'm pissed off at you piss and vinegar" but the "I'm in such a mood, I'm gonna tease you till your head explodes piss and vinegar". Usually when he is in one of these moods, I'm cranky, so it doesn't work. Or when I'm in one of those moods he is tired, so it still doesn't work. But...Today both of us were in a piss and vinegar mood. We were bantering back and forth so hard, that neither of us could stop laughing. Oh, the good times. So...as he tripped and fell down the stairs on his way out back to work. I almost fell out of my chair and spilled lemonade all down the front of me. Wonder what this evening will bring, because we are both pretty much in the same mood.

Well, boring or bizarre, that is a typical Monday at my house. hehehehehe

4 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

You've gotta stop trying to drink lemonade when you have your vortex bra on! LMAO!!

Burfica said...

my chest is a magnet for spillage. I swear to god how embarrasing is that?? I can't go anywhere without some food or drink substance on or down my chest. lmao

kitten said...

Great blog!

I love Avon, could neversellit , I'd run myself into the poorhouse. can't live without my Anew products.

Im bookmarking you, If ya dont mind

Ciao!

Kitten

Burfica said...

thanks kitten. I love Avon too. Gosh my house is full of it. My husband even goes, "honey no more untill we use some of this" lmao Men don't get it. hehehehee