CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Guilty

Oh my goodness I feel so guilty it has my tummy all in knots. Now I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I have been doing this the past what?? 10 years or so. So anyhow. I have always made the pies. Homemade pie crust. I was raised with a mother that used to make award winning pies, and she learned from her mother. Well, if you did not do the pie crust just right you were put on the rack in the torture chambers. I was very very proud of myself, because I had perfected this crust. As Gigantor says "it's better than you mom's and grandma's combined" That has always made me very proud. Well, this year, I have been hurting from some problems. I have thrown out both my knees, and my back. And...it's quite difficult to even stand, let alone cook an entire dinner to accommodate a 21lb turkey. I mean I make all sorts of stuff. I even went as far as to cut some things out of the menu, just so it would be easier. But...I would have never EVER messed with the process of making pumpkin pies. I was actually dreading it a little though, because I can't seem to get them just right unless I am standing up, laboring over them. And...with my knees and back, I can't stand for any prolonged periods of time. So, Gigantor comes home tonight, looks at how tired I was, and says "I'll be right back" He drives to Bashas (local grocery store) and picks up 4 Marie Callander deep dish frozen pie crusts. He goes "here this is to make this holiday much easier on you" Now you may think that is stupid. But I was so touched I started crying. Then I told him to take them back and never speak of it again. He's like "no honey your using them" I said (in a whisper) "I can't" He says "why not?" I mean, after having this passed down through generations, how can he not know that it is a mortal, I mean Mortal, like one of the SEVEN deadly sins, and I CAN BURN IN HELL FOR USING FROZEN PIE CRUST??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So... Gigantor stomps his size 14 giant foot down (causing small tremors to run through the house) and he booms "YOU ARE USING ALL FOUR OF THESE DAM PIE CRUSTS!!! YOU ARE TIRED, HURTING AND OVERWORKED!!! YOU WILL USE THEM AND NOT FEEL GUILTY!!! AND, IF THEY TURN OUT TASTING LIKE SHIT WE WILL BE ALL THE WISER FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER!!!!!" God I love that man. And, if I don't have a nervous breakdown when I try to fill those dam crusts with the delectable pumpkin filling. Then we will take this adventurous step as a family dammit. hehehehehe I think he deserves sex for just caring enough to try and make my life easier. Now I can't seem to stop smiling. He loves me, he really really loves me. :)

Now I can't leave without telling you what else Gigantor did. We have had trouble with this light above our kitchen sink. We have had our friend (the electrician) out to replace the socket that holds the bulb twice. So, about 2 months ago this light stops working again. Gigantor replaces light bulb, light still doesn't work. Gigantor then spends the next two months hemming and hawwing and finally calling the Electrician to come replace the socket again. Electrician shows up tonight, with new socket in tow. Climbs step ladder, unscrews bulb, shakes bulb and asks did you change the bulb. Gigantor says yes, that's a new bulb and light still didn't work. Electrician says, did you then check this bulb to make sure it was okay. Gigantor says no, it was new, why. Electrician shakes bulb. chinga chinga chinga. Gigantor sheepishly looks around corner at me in living room to see if I have heard any of this. I smile at the big dork and wink. He looks at Electrician and says OMG, he walks in and gets another new bulb. Electrician screws in new bulb, light works. yayyyyyyyy Gigantor is a very red giant. Electrician is smiling trying to supress the laughs I see coming on. I, on the other hand, and rolling around with full belly laughter going on. Saying, OMG we have been without *laugh* a light for two *giggle* months, because *snort* you didn't check to *uncontrollable laughter* see if the bulb was *hickupping laughing* was broken?? Electrician is now doubled over with shoulders shaking in a silent laugh saying he is trying not to embarrass the big giant. Gigantor then says in his big booming voice "You may NOT put this in your blog" he says "they know how much of a dork I am already, they don't need to know this" Yeah right, as if I would listen to that. hehehehehehehe

2 comments:

Alekx said...

***GASP**** A frozen pie crust. You are right you are going to HELL..but not for using the pie crust...You are going to hell for all the rotten things you have done to your big sister over the years.

OMG..Now I have to blog about the hip sized hole in the dry wall that the house elf created. I'll save that for tomorrow since I'm quite sleepy tonight.

~SugarBear~ said...

I love your blog! I don't have the boob problem (they're not big enough to get in the way) however, I seem to be hell-bent on breaking the same toe on my right foot as many times as is humanly possible. We all have body parts that seem to get in the way i guess. And as for the pie crust - I promise I won't tell a soul! :)