CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Lake Powell

Well now, this is a little different. I have been talking to a few of you about where I live. When I mention Lake Powell, nobody seems to have heard of it. So, I throw out things like Glen Canyon, Rainbow Bridge, and Glen Canyon Dam. Well....some of you have heard of it, and some of you haven't. So..I went looking up things on the internet. I found some beautiful stuff. And..since I learned how to do the links I thought I would let you all see, the absolute heaven I live in. First of all I am less than 1/2 mile from the shores of this. Here is Lake Powell
Now, after you have ooohhhh'd and awwww'd on that. I live in an entire area called Glen Canyon. Where are dam is is technically the start of the Grand Canyon. (I'm sure you all have heard of that) Here is Glen Canyon
Look down on that page, and there is a map. Find all the water on the map. THAT is all Lake Powell.
Here is a little more on the Lake
Then of course we have the Glen Canyon Dam, which makes our lake.
And last but not least. Beautiful Rainbow Bridge. When the lake levels were higher, you used to be able to drive your boats right under Rainbow Bridge. Now that the lake levels are down some, you have to hike around the base of a big rock(part of the canyon) to see it. When I was younger you could walk right up and touch it. But...now they keep you back some. It's still so huge, and breathtaking. It's amazing. So, here is Rainbow Bridge

Hope you all enjoyed seeing the little bit of paradise I live in. I love it so much and wanted to share with the whole blogger community here. Cuz I've come to care about you all.

Later I'm gonna post about the amazing "Parade of Lights" tonight.

4 comments:

kitten said...

Yup...clean out your guest room, Burf, cuz I am on my way. I was showing Ern the amazing pics.....what a beautiful place!! I would post some pics of my area of Ct...but it would be mostly, forests, prep schools...lacross feils and cows.

I call you from the road. lol

MomThatsNuts said...

HI! Randomly stumbled in, just wanted to say HI to a fellow Arizonan, I am down here in Mesa. I have been to all the places you mentioned. We really have the best state ever! You can get to snow if you want it, or you can stay here in the valley where its a snow free zone! I love it here and would never live anywhere else! Went to Flagstaff last weekend, took the kids to play in the snow, then came RIGHT home and swept out the swimming pool!! Ha Ha Ha I Love Arizona....Have a good one

Alekx said...

Raises hand..
OooOooOOO (done in best Horshak voice)
I know where Lake Powell is...I know where Glen Canyon is...I know where the Dam is....I KNOW WHERE RAINBOW BRIDGE is.
I don't count do I? since I grew up in the same town.
****SIGH*****
You always take away my fun
Mean sister

ThreeOliveMartini said...

the next time i get real vacation i am coming to see you .. i swear it!!