CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 20, 2004

Lights and Lists

Man that parade of Lights was amazing. Made up for the shitty Christmas parade this year. We used to have something called the "festival of lights" were people would decorate their boats down on the docks. You could go spend the entire day looking and seeing Santa, and getting cocoa and cookies. Then at night you park along lake shore drive, and the boats go down to the dam and back. Just wonderful. Well this year, the park service and the Aramark company, in all it's infinite wisdom, decided to close all concessions this winter so no festival. The city and citizens were in an uproar. So, they decided to do a parade down main street at night. You could decorate absolutely any vehicle and drive down. A bunch of the businesses on main street turned off all their outdoor lights for this too. Made it really cool. The fire trucks had lights on them. Motorcycles and 4 wheelers. Peoples trucks, and flatbed trailers, couple horse trailers. Then there was a few people that decorated their boats and drove them down main street (on a boat trailer of course) There was about 10 santa's in this one, and some candy throwing. There were even people passing out little toys on the sides of the streets. Here are my three favorites. a huge trailer done all in red white and blue lights, with some people dressed as soldiers looking at a Christmas tree, and on the side it said, "remembering our troops at Christmas" There was a giant Santa on skies with the reindeer pulling him, said "santa's dream" He was skiing around a small model of rainbow bridge. Then the one the kiddo loved the most, it was done on a boat and in front of it. Santa in the boat, and lighted up Dolphins pulling it. And the lead dolphin had a red nose, and they had it rigged so the dolphin cut outs moved and looked like they were jumping through water. Very cool. Anyhow, enough of that.

I am now steeling the idea of this list from Papa.
I am 33 years old.
I have dark brown hair (that I have found a few stray grey hairs in), I sometimes dye it a rich dark auburn
I have brown eyes
I am 5'5" (I know big difference from my sisters 6'1")
I won't tell my weight, cuz I'm trying to lose
I have one sister (alekx) who is 7 years older than me
My parents divorced when I was 5, I lived with my mom.
I didn't know my dad till I was 15 (and now we are amazingly close)
I have been married to Gigantor for 11 1/2 years
I have one son who is 8 yrs old
I have 3 dogs (Buck, Buster, and Dribbles)
I have one cat (Buggsy) Whom has had his picture in a magazine
We have 3 fish (which my son named, Jewels, Gems, and Fred)
We have 2 parakeets (son also named, Sassy(blue and purple and white) and Flutter (green, yellow, and blue))
I've known my husband since 2nd grade.
We used to have a parrot, dwarf hamsters, and 7 frogs.
We also had at one time, horses, goats, and chickens
I have lived near this lake most my life, and I'm not a good swimmer, and I'm deathly afraid of deep water.
But not as much as I'm afraid of bugs, I am terrified of bugs
I've done such jobs as, bussing tables, selling items at a church, cleaning motel rooms, carpet cleaning, security guarding, freight, cashier, and bookkeeping (over 11 years), and I now sell Avon. But my favorite job is wife and mother.
My son called me Honey for the first 2 1/2 years of his life
I love to bake and cook.
My favorite food to eat is Chinese, and bbq chicken.
My favorite beverage is Hot cocoa (but you didn't know that did you) and iced tea
My favorite color is sometimes blues, sometimes greens
My favorite season is Spring (I love to watch everything bloom)
I am a Leo
I've lived in the southwest all my life and I HATE turquoise
chocolate or vanilla---chocolate hands down
spicy or mild---mild
chicken or beef---beef hands down baby
Lemon or Lime--Lemon
Strawberries and cream, or peaches and cream---Strawberries, peaches are gross. hehehehee
Waffles or pancakes---waffles
Scrambled or fried---Scrambled
Bacon or sausage---Bacon
Okay there is the answer to a few things about me. I'm sorta out of ideas right now. Having myself a big old brain fart. hehehehehee
happy Monday everyone
And remember only 5 more days until Christmas.
5 that is 5 measly fricken days to get all the shit done!!!!!!!
run, hurry, fast, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Alekx said...

Liar you are 5'4"
heheheheehe ducking that thown lamp my way
Bugsy is not a cat..he is a agent of Satan and is trying to suck your soul from your body when you are not looking. Evil cat..It's not natural for a cat to have 54 toes on one foot.


You should have got your stuff done before now. Hehehe damn there comes that lamp again

Mia said...

lol Alekx...sisterly love gotta love it. Great post Burf. The parade of lights sounds wonderful. Heehee....5 more days, and I'm done all my shopping. Unfortunately, not done the wrapping. Oh well...lol

kitten said...

I want to move out there. If we had a parade like that, it wouyld be lights on a bunch of horses and cows,,,,,no Holiday spirit here!!!!!
boo hoo....

I am seriously not liking Connecticut right now.