CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Grateful

I was sitting here drinking my 32oz mug of coffee (that doesn't have enough creamer cuz I ran out) and eating my indulgence of three double stuff oreos. Listening to Christmas music on the radio station on my yahoo messenger. And thinking to myself how embarrassed about my two posts writing how sick I was and how bitchy I was. So...I apologize for that. I was also thinking about all the blogs I go visit multiple times on a daily basis. I was thinking about all the neat people I have met through blogger, I feel like I know you all. And I was thinking of some of the things written in there. Reading and remembering all the things my sister--Alekx--has been through and accomplished, made me stop and think of some of the things I am very grateful for. I'm gonna list just a few, because dam if blogger doesn't have enough space to hold them all. Some may seem as very small, but some are very big. Never less I am grateful for everyone of them.

A husband who loves me--I mean every last stinkin inch grumpy, happy, ugly, or beautiful inch of me.
Arizona Sunsets--none better in the world
Living near a lake--what fun in the summer
The ability to see, hear, walk, talk, and love
Good warm coffee
HOT COCOA--HEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEE
Floppy eared dogs
Any dog for that matter
Horses!!!!!
Purring cats
The ability to do for myself
My son--this has to be number one--I wasn't supposed to be able to have him.
A childs smile
The ability to cry--at least I have emotions and a heart
Parakeets that sing to the sun in the morning
Onions
The sacrifices my mother made--she would feed an entire family with one can of tuna fish, and I know she went hungry many a night so Alekx and I could eat.
Books
Friends--They warm every inch of my heart
Christmas Music
Singing
Prayer Chains
Loving to bake
Being able to afford the stuff so I can bake
Owning my own home--not a house as you would think (we live in a mobile home) but we have more square footage than some houses, and at less than 1/3 of the cost.
Owning two vehicles
Cinnamon
A Hug
Bubble baths
Scented shower gels, lotions, body sprays. hehehehehe (that's the Avon lady in me)
The ability to smile and something every day
The privilege of being an American--that's right I said privilege, not right. I'm very grateful for what opportunities that brings
Not being successful when I attempted suicide when I was younger (three times as a teenager)
Dragons
Harry Potter
Windchimes
Oh and did I say the Love of my husband and the gift of getting to love him back. hehehehee

Okay that's enough, I could go on forever.

Kitten had mentioned a few words that made her boys laugh non stop. Well...I also have experience here. There are a few words that elicit gaggles of giggles from a truck load or house load of 8 year old boys.
Lets see where to start
conundrum--don't know why but makes them laugh every time
Cornucopia--they laugh and walk around repeating it
Fart--pretty self explanatory
Weiner or Nards--again self explanatory
Hurl--gets more laughs if added with the word Chunks
Smoochie--not only do they laugh they run too
Stench--not stink but stench
And I think the biggest mistake I made was telling my friend (in front of the boys) about a real lake named Lake Titicaca. OMG they laugh and laugh, and have to tell everyone at school the next day. And ask you about it everyday for weeks. Yes folks there is a real lake named Lake Titicaca. Just a few things that crack 8 year old boys up. It's off to lunch for me. hehehehee Happy hump day everyone (groooaaaannnn don't say that to 8 year olds either)

3 comments:

kitten said...

Wow. Amen to that Burfica.
Great list..I cannot even do my own now cuz I'd pretty much be repeating yours.

You are a Wonder, Woman.
xo

Anonymous said...

thanks kitten. I just try to remember that this life is what we make it. I can be miserable, or love the things I have experienced. I think you are an AMAZING woman yourself.

Burfica said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh why did blogger post my comment on my own blog as annonymous. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr okay kitten that was from me. hehehhee