CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Random Thoughts

Being holiday time. I'm sorta jumbled. I still haven't gotten everything wrapped. And now I'm running out of time. I need to do the kiddo's after the hubby is home, so I can lock myself in the bedroom. Thing is, hubby gets home, we eat dinner, then we go to bed. Tired Tired. So, it may be one of Kittens famous Christmas eve wrapping marathons.
I think we are all gonna go driving around and go Christmas light looking tomorrow night. We have seen a few while we have driven around delivering avon stuff. Some of them are way cool. You can never have enough lights I say. hehehehehehee

I gotta tell ya, my son is a goof. He has picked up a new saying. Every time he hurts his butt. He will come out saying . OOoOOooOoOOo RIGHT ON THE BUNNNN YUNNNN!!!!! And, the precious little shit, has decided to make more comments about my hair style. Now remember he said I looked like Elvis, so I went and got it cut, in this very short spikey cut. Now he tells all his friends I style my hair by sticking my finger in the light socket.

My husband and son are having so much fun with the wrapping paper tubes this year too. I mean I really wasn't aware of much you could do with them except play swords, or light saber, or telescope. But they took one that got bent, and cut it up, and taped pieces on another one, so now my son has a grenade Launcher. Nothing says Christmas like a grenade launcher. hehehehehehe

I am half cheating half not on baking cookies this year. I am making the snicker doodles that my hubby loves. But I also bought some ready to bake sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies.

I think for pies this year, I'm not doing a bunch of pumpkin. I bought a frozen pie that was called razzle berry (yeah I know *gasp* frozen pie) It's mixture of three berries, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry. I also am going to buy a chocolate cream pie. I think that should be more than enough. Although Gigantor begged and pleaded at the store that I would get a caramel apple pie for him to try. I finally gave in, cuz it's embarrassing to watch a giant cry in public. So, I told him we would have that a different day.

For the life of me, I'm doing a brain block with my Christmas dinner menu. All I got is ham, candied yams, poofoo, deviled eggs, and bread. Just doesn't seem like enough for Christmas dinner. I was thinking of maybe making the french onion soup to have before dinner.

Now I just thought for the hell of it. I would add an easy recipe once in a while. Like I have said before I love to cook. And I think we all need easy, quick and good recipe's. Please give me some if you have any. heheheheheh Always looking for a new one.


SWEEDISH MEATBALLS

Hamburger
Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Cream of Mushroom soup
Diced Onion(optional)
Sliced Mushrooms (optional)

In bowl mix hamburger and Lipton Soup mix-roll into meatballs. (I use the frozen already made meat balls too) Cook meatballs in sauce pan. Add onions and mushrooms. When meatballs are fully cooked add cream of mushroom soup until fully covered. Turn heat to Med. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with potatoes. (mashed is good)

This is also really easy to do in the crock pot too. But I suggest that you cook the meatballs first.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

4 comments:

Mia said...

Isn't it sad to think of how much money we spend on kids presents? When all we really need to do is wrap up a bunch of empty tubes and boxes....that always amuses them for hours.

Anonymous said...

Damn I got Gigantor that awesome *#$%&$*%&%^ cuz I know he reads over your shoulder and I'm not gonna let him know what he's getting..but I got him that *#$&#^$#&$#$% and I coulda just sent empty christmas wrapping tubes.
I'm so proud of lil'gigantor..a gernade launcher. He knows how to make his auntie Alekx proud. Just tell him not to launch into the toilet or you'll have that chunky shit water like Chicken had.

kitten said...

My kids LOVE swedish meatball...and that is a much easier recipe than mine...def going to try it.

Tubs are great weapons..I also use them to get devil-kittens out of the Christmas tree.

And Mrs. Smith is a lifesaver...he he he

The only thing I won't skimp on is my famous New York Style Cheesecake..its got like a gazillion steps, but its worth it.

MomThatsNuts said...

HI! I will definatly try that recipe! Thanks, always looking for something new! I have 4 sons and they are all crazy. My dogs dont like the paper tubes at ALL, of course the fact that the other end of the tube is usually attached to a BOY trying to "get" the dogs might explain that!! I am starting a NEW tradition this year ( thought of BEFORE all my family crap) of actually cooking a "Christmas Dinner". We usually just eat leftovers from the night before, but this is probably my last year with ALL 5 kids living at home, so I thought I would make it special..( all prayers for sons graduation in May are appriciated and needed). This is a really nice community of people you guys have here! Are you all related??