CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Rain and Goodie Plates

HOLY FLASH FLOODS BATMAN!!!!! Our entire state is on flash flood warnings. They have even evacuated two towns in the state because of flooding. That big big storm that hit California is now hammering us. They even sent Gigantor home from work today. Now we live on the edge of Glen Canyon and the lake so all the water drains into them. But...it was raining so hard and so fast it couldn't drain fast enough. The entire steel yard where he works was flooded. He came home soaked from the knee down, saying that was how deep the water they were trudging through was. Since he came home early, he took the suburban up to the shot to get new tires put on. That is what his Christmas bonus check went toward. We have only needed new tires for about a year and a half. I even have 2 fifteen dollar used tires on it, because I had two different blow outs. Anyhow, it's really weird to get that much rain here in Arizona. I mean it did rain here once. Remember Noah and the Ark?? I think we got 2 inches then. heheheheheeeee

Okay on to something else "GOODIE PLATES" Okay maybe I'm weird (hell we all know I'm weird) but I think if you give a goodie plate at the holidays it should be made up of mostly home made stuff. Am I right?? I mean if you make a basket or bowl, you can do fruits and nuts, and jams, and stuff like that. But...shouldn't plates show how much you cared and made stuff??? I mean when I did goodie plates it was always chocked full of stuff I slaved over. And maybe to make it purty, I would had a small handfull of whole nuts or those foil wrapped chocolates, but always full of home made stuff. Now we got 4 goodie plates this year. One just stuffed full of christmas cut out cookies, gingerbread men, and cherry cookies. 2nd one was little cakes--german chocolate cake made in muffin tins, with a spoonfull of the frosting on the top. 3rd one was 3 packs of venison steaks, and a pack of elk sausage. Not home made but just as impressive. The 4th one we got. I was highly offended. I was like WTF??? (not in front of the people of course) here is what was on that plate. 2 oranges, 2 apples, 1 banana,a hand full of pecans, 1 reeses cup, 2 baby ruths, 4 of those really really hard store bought cookies, and some mexican candy. They are like chewy jaw breakers but they are chili flavored. I would be totally embarrassed to give something like that. Now I have given fruit and nut baskets or bowels before. And I always make sure I add a thing of jam, or summer sausage, or cheese, or a nice bottle of wine something like that. And I would sure as hell make sure that there was at least one of everything fore everyone in the household. I know it's the thought that counts, but here is where I was really offended. These particular people have quite a bit of money. And.... get this. The husband works with Gigantor at the steel yard. And the week before Christmas the boss at the steel yard gives out (for free) boxes of oranges, apples, banana's, handfuls of candies, and containers of the store bought cookies. So the only thing this family paid for on these was the little mexican candies. I mean, I understand if you are extremely poor, and not well off. It would be an amazing gesture to share what you have been given. But when you can buy tons of shit, and you do that, it offends me. Why the hell bother you know?? I mean we aren't that well off either, but at least to give to people like that we made some apple butter from the apples on my mom's tree. Yes the apples were free, but I still had to cut, peel, cook, and can them. So...it was an attempt.
Okay enough of that, I probably shouldn't have been offended but I was. (these are the kind of people that always expect a really good gift back). *sigh*

Gigantor wanted his hair cut last night. We have clipper/shavers, and I just shave it down short. But he didn't want to wait for me. I had just signed online and was talking to my sister and a friend, and he threw a tantrum that he wanted his hair cut that very minute. I told him exactly where he could shove those clippers (turned on of course) He proceeded to march over all pissy and lean over the trash can and try to cut it himself. I keep hearing the clippers go on....off....on....off, massive grunting, and some grumble cursing. I look over to see him actually tied in a knot, trying to contort his body enough to get the very back, while leaning his head way down in the can, and looking in the mirror at the same time. I watch this funny dance for about 5 minutes. Then I couldn't take it anymore. This guy looked like he had mange, he had tufts of hair everywhere, he couldn't get it even, and he couldn't even get the back. I then marched over and none to gently cut the rest of his hair, making it all even. I'm roughly wielding these clippers, grumbling something that resembled. Stupid ass men, can't ask nicely, or wait till your done, and go and get hair all over the floor. And a few other colorful things. I slam the clippers down in his hand and go HERE. In this very quiet, little boy voice he goes "thank you honey" and slunk off. *sigh* men, they are funny.

I will leave you all with that. Since it's been raining, I have tried to write this 4 times, and keep getting booted off the internet. Lets hope this time works. heheheheheeee


3 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

too fucking funny about the hair cut...

and the plate with the stuff.. what the hell...

kitten said...

thats more of a fruit "plate" than a fruit "basket. nervy of them too knowing gigantor works in the same place and would know where the stuff came from.....i hope you guys do OK with the flooding and all....so so sad about asia...i hate to turn on the news.....pray hard and pray often i say. hoping they put up some donation bins in the post office.....

Alekx said...

I'd of left him looking like he had Mange for at least 3 days before fixing it. Told him now hunni you did a good job...it looks fine
hehehehe