CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

My Son

My son, what can I say about my son. He is a sweetie, ha has a halo with little devil horns poking through. Let me tell you about something that cracked me up today. I probably should have punished him, but it's hard to punish a child while you are laughing.

This morning we were missing Dribbles (female bassett hound) We couldn't find her anywhere. We searched the entire house, kiddo's room (her favorite spot), under the Christmas tree in the corner (2nd favorite spot), and in my closet (her spa retreat) No Dribbles. So...we go outside and he is walking the yard and calling her, thinking maybe she went under the house to stay warm. No Dribbles. I tell him we have to go to school. He gets in the suburban and is sorta crying all the way up to school. "mom what if she got out, what if she's dead, what if she's lost, what if what if what if..... and cry cry cry" I tell him it will be okay I will go look for her.

On the way back home, I drove all the streets, in case she did get out someway. I come home and walk the yard calling her, I go inside and continue calling her. No Dribbles. I contemplated what to do, drive more, call Gigantor to help me, say good riddance. None of those seemed like a good idea. I decided to call the pound and ask them to keep and eye out for her. I then walk into my bedroom, and see something weird poking out from under the bed and a blanket that is on the floor. I then recognize it as a foot. I say "DRIBBLES!!!!" and she jumps up as if to say "what???" I coulda killed her just laying there as we called and called her, and the kid was so upset.

I get the kiddo from school and his first question was to ask if I found Dribbles. I said yes, he asked where, I told him. Here's where it gets good. This little angelic son of mine, Goes OH THAT LITTLE SHIT!!!!! I yell his name with the middle name, (you know your in trouble when the middle name gets yelled) and he goes OH man sorry mommy, and I'm trying to tell him how bad and wrong that was, and I'm cracking up.

I mean I have no idea where he could have picked that up from *flutters lashes innocently* I remember when I was in high school if I cursed around my mother she would backhand me. Now we are having to watch what our 5, 6, 7, 8 year olds are saying. When he was in preschool he picked up the F word from another kid. We had to have a talk about that one.

Oh well it was a good laugh at the time being. Out of the mouths of babe's right?? LOL

3 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

huh what.. the f word? what are you talking about * batting eyelashes * whats the f word.. i wanna know!!

~SugarBear~ said...

Wait until he comes home with his first dirty joke. And then askes you to explain it. Why don't they tell you this stuff BEFORE you get preggers??

Alekx said...

He didn't bring it home from school..he brought it from his loving family...His mom who is a little shit..his dad who is a big shit...his adorable auntie Alekx who is an ex-biker, ex bartender...his Uncle House elf who just likes to cuss and his grandpa the former Marine...
Don't know where he will pick up any wierd sayings with a family like ours.
Man I was laughing so hard..thinking about the look on his face as you are trying to yell at him..that innocent eyed look...