CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Panicking yet???

Is anyone full of panic yet??? Tomorrow is Christmas eve. hehehehehehee
When my son's friend came to play yesterday I disappeared into the bedroom to wrap Gigantor's stuff. Since I wasn't in such a hurried rush as the night before, I was taking my time and some of the gifts looked real nice. But, as I got to the end of the pile you could tell I was getting tired. I wrapped a tube shaped object. I must have used 3 feet of paper, and just rolled and rolled and rolled. LOL Then just slapped the ends over and taped. So it looks really weird. hehehehehe
All I have left is santa's gifts, and put stuff in stockings. I do that all on Christmas Eve night anyway.

My mother called yesterday, and I had to call and get Gigantor out of work. Her stupid outside water line broke, and was spurting water all over. Well, he fixed it and put in a new pipe, and she was, of course, not happy. She can't ever be totally happy. I mean my husband took off work, and missed getting the hours we needed to make it (with the holiday and all) arrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh
She did call this morning saying she felt bad about him missing work, and that she was sorry. But still, she needs to not say the crap at the time. She makes us both upset.

Yesterday those two boys played with the wrapping paper tubes so much, that I hated the "chOnk" noise they were making. When Gigantor came home, they all three had a war in the living room with the tubes, then commenced to throwing them like spears. Finally mommy's very last nerve went "SNAP" and I started screaming that if they didn't stop I was gonna beat everyone with the broom. So, they stop for about 30 seconds, and then you keep hearing a stray "chOnk" I finally marched into the laundry room and came out with the broom. They all just laughed at me. hehehehehe guess I did look pretty funny. An insane woman on a rampage with a broom. I should have just hopped on that thing and flew away.

I'll leave you this morning with one more recipe. (I'll try to post once more today, seeing as I might not be able to for a couple days)

SWISS VEGETABLE MEDLEY

1 package (16oz) frozen broccoli, carrots, cauliflower combination
1 to 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk per can of soup
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
French's Fried Onions

In large bowl, combine vegetables, soup, milk, 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 can French's onions. Pour into baking dish. Bake, covered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Arrange remaining onions in diagonal rows across top. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.

sooo yummie, I like it better than the traditional green bean casserole. And it's great for pot lucks.

Until later I leave you with this thought
chOnk chOnk

hehehehee

5 comments:

Alekx said...

You should have taught them the horrors of the frozen bread loaf ninja mom. I know you had to of learned something from our mom.
Nothing humbles a person like getting your ass whomped with a frozen loaf of bread
giggle..snort...I'm just amusing myself to much today

kitten said...

i need all the help i can get....that sounds yummy. I just spent 200 bucks on food and I just know i forgot 1 ingredient for every dish...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ThreeOliveMartini said...

i am not panicky at all.. this is the very first stress free christmas i have ever had.. probably because i am not at home.. so i dont feel the need to run here run there runrunrunrun.. of course i am always the one asked to go here or there.. no one comes to me.. but i digress...

LOL @ pitchblack and the cell phone commercial thing...

i bet my mom hated that noise too cause Dad would start it and there would be three screaming thOnking girls and a large thOnking man all over the house... man those were the days..

Julie said...

That recipe sounds great!!
We used to call those tubes 'dooder dooders' b/c everyone put them up to your mouth and said 'dooder dooder', for some weird reason. We had a lot of fun w/ them too and they ended up in the fire place.

Isn't is something about being adult and having patience w/ parents - it's called mother management! My mother does great guilt trips, finally I started saying 'how many bags you want me to pack' and she said 'what for" 'for the guilt trip'.. works well, I highly recommend it!

Burfica said...

Julie, sounds like a good idea. But let me and Alekx tell ya, we have meet many people, and nobody can throw a guilt trip like our mom. hehehehehee

Worst part is she is handicapped, can barely get around, but still insists on living on her own (not that I would have here here. I would no longer have a family if I did) But my husband and I take care of her for the most part.