CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A good Day


Hahahahahaha I hope those kitties had insurance!!!!!! That picture made me hork diet pepsi out my nose.

We had that meeting with the school today. I'm so dam excited and giddy over it. As most of you know, my son has a learning disability. He's been reading at least two years behind where he should be. His last testing in December put his reading testing at 7th grade level. My son is in 6th grade. OMG I'm so excited I can barely stand it. That means in one semester with his middle school reading teacher he has caught up about 2 grade levels. His math
is just slightly under grade level, and his spelling and writing are still very bad. But he has gotten alot of tools to help him along. We have a new "dragon writing program" that is one you talk out your papers and it writes them on the computer for you.

All of the teachers that were there said how much they love him, he's the most polite, well behaved, well mannered and lovable child in their classes. Well yeah he better have manners and behave himself or I'll whomp him!! hehehehe

My poor poor Gigantor. He got off work to go to the meeting. Then he had to go back to work. he worked till after 9. All the guys had to come in and pull a radiator out of one of the big trucks so it could be taken to the city to be fixed.

Although one of his co workers was so sweet. One of the workers wives brought the guys out KFC. So they got dinner. But with
my back and knees and walking into the school I was hurting so dam bad. Kiddo would have been lucky if I made pbnj sandwiches. Well Honey coworker (I call him honey coworker cuz about 3 times now I thought he was my husband and have called him honey) He had a couple tickets for the Navajo Taco dinner. So....Gigantor took a break and went and got me and Kiddo some Navajo taco's and brought them home. How sweet is that???

There is a picture of one for those of you who don't know. Fry bread, chili beans, meat, cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, sour cream. You choose or do it all. yummmmmmm

Okay I'm off to shower and go to bed.

Have a good Thursday everyone!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a very enjoyable blog. You have a knack at writing that made me smile and think "I know where she's coming from!" It's people with your sort of personality that makes the world a delightful, colorful place!

KUDOS

Burfica said...

Godivagee--thank you. I've definatly been described as colorful before...oh wait that's my language. hehehehehe thanks for dropping by, come back again.

Vanessa said...

All this dinner talk and you are making me hungry! Its midnight!

Libby said...

burfica, give kiddo a big hug, and tell him we're ALL sure he's gonna get on top of all this school shit, no matter what!! and, damn, that mexican food looks GREAT!!

Coffeypot said...

Hoooraaaah for son. I know he feels better about himself, too. And I like your cats better than mine.

Burfica said...

vanessa--I hate it when I'm hungry late. so sorry.

Libby--I sure will give him that hug. And Navajo food, not mexican. lmao

coffey--Those cat and dog pictures crack me up.

Biddie said...

Yay for Kiddo! This will be a huge boost for him. Tell him that I say Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Huh! they could be my cats!

Love the attitude, especially when someone says something complimentary.
Cheers

Burfica said...

biddie--yeah it sure helped his confidence in himself.

maddy--those cats crack me up.

Phoenix5 said...

Good for Kiddo! My youngest is about to be tested (FINALLY!!!) for dyslexia, among other things. We've only been asking that she be tested since Junior Kindergarten! She's in Grade 7 now, BTW! We're hoping that she can get some personalized help before highschool. Like your Kiddo, she's way behind...

Burfica said...

Phoenix--yeah I fought for two years to get him tested, and they finally did it through 2nd and 3rd grade, so he was able to start getting help early.

none said...

Those Navajo tacos look really good. reminds me of those stuffed sopapillas they sell in New Mexico.

Glad the kiddo is catching up. School administrators make learning disabilities more of a hassle than they ought to be.

Burfica said...

hammer--yeah, I think the officials should be made to take the classes the kids take every once in a while, see if they can do any better.

Burfica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.