CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sentimental nails and Fun with Police

Well here is a couple pictures of how I got my nails done this month. I was being sentimental.

As most of you know my mom died on Jan 17th 2006, so the 2nd anniversary of it is just in a couple days. So...I've been struggling the blues.

Well my mom loved the color purple. Loved it to the point of being disgusting. I'm not the biggest fan of purple. I mean I like it, but it's not my favorite by any means. But I got my nails done in three shades of purple, and they she did the little swooshie lines in them. Pretty cool.

And...my mom had always said, "oh maybe I should get a tiny butterfly tatoo'd on my hand" Whenever she seen mine and Alekx's tattoo's she would say something like that. So..on my thumbs and ring fingers I have very small white butterfly decals.




Okay now on to the next topic. The one I like to call "Fun with Police" hehehehe

Yesterday, I was sitting, eating my popcorn and reading blogs. I hear a very loud and long knock at the door. The dogs go ape shit. I get up and crack the door and there is a blue wall in front of me. I'm like "hold on let me grab the dog"

I grab Busters collar, and I open the door, and there was two officers that I recognize (one is this guy that I kid you not, he is bigger than Gigantor, he makes him looks small, he is the one I called the wall)

So...I open the door and officer Wall, slams his head close to my face and goes "ARE YOU OKAY?"

Me--yeah I'm fine thank you
W--YOU SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY?
Me--Yeah, why wouldn't it be?
W-- WELL I HAVE TO CHECK
Me--Okay but why?
W--SOMEONE CALLED THE POLICE STATION SAID TO GO CHECK ON THE PERSON AT (insert my address here) THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG, THEN THEY HUNG UP.
Me--That is weird, there is no one laying in my front yard is there?
W--NOPE, SO WE WANTED TO CHECK
Me--Gosh I hope it's not a house close buy or on another street (that starts with same letter as mine).
W--OFFICER SHORTY, CALL IN AND CHECK ON THAT ADDRESS AGAIN
officer shorty (who was a good 6 foot or so tall) radio's in to check the address, and we hear the dispatcher say my address again.
W--WELL AS LONG AS YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE OKAY
Me--yeah I'm fine, I'm just sorry you had to come out here like that
W--IT'S OKAY THAT'S OUR JOB
Me--yeah but I was fine and because of some prank you had to come check on me, instead of being somewhere you are really needed.
Wall looked shocked at this, and says in a much softer voice
W--wow, thank you, you get it.

Yup people I get it. I know what the police go through, and I'm thankful for them. Two police officers, screaming down to my house, with ambulance on standby just in case something is wrong. Officer Wall coming in to face the hounds of hell, while Officer Shorty was cowering behind the gate. hehehehe Now that was funny. My dogs are just old and loud, well except for rat dog, she is just noisy.

I hope they find who made that prank call, and I hope he gets in trouble. hehehe Maybe officer Wall can squash him like a roach.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!!!

22 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I'm just glad the cat didn't get a hold of him. That wouldn't have been pretty. Officer Wall scramming like a girl while shooting his gun trying to get way from the beast. At least I think it was you that said something about your bad-ass cat. If not, disregard the above.

Burfica said...

coffey--well my cat has a gazillion toes. And really long teeth, so he is intimidating, so it could be him or not. lol

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your Mom.

I know she's watching over you...I just know it.

As you may know, my mom passed 19 years ago...I spoke with her last night....Honestly.

Dorko said...

I love it that you had your nails done up as a tribute to your Momma - sparks up metaphore after metaphore for me, thinking about her and your family...

A'WELFARE'CHECK/prank on you? Do you have any suspicions as to who the culprit(s) could be?

Burfica said...

jj--I totally believe you spoke with her, how awesome.

Dorko--I had a couple ideas but it wasn't any of them, so no clue.

Barbara Doduk said...

WEIRD I would hate to have that type of prank. Can't the police trace where the caller came from? They seem to know who everyone is when they call in, so you would think they could find out who called them with the false report.

Burfica said...

barbara--one would think they could. I dunno.

Phoenix5 said...

At least your police respond to calls... we have to PAY our police force to follow up if our house alarm goes off! Something about the lots of false alarms, but still, isn't that their job? "To Serve and Protect"... that's what it says on the sides of the cruisers...

Jules said...

Your nails are very very pretty, Burf! But I think you should go and get the butterfly tattoo on your hand!

Burfica said...

Phoenix--yeah well if they catch the guy who did it, they will ticket him.

captain corky said...

Good thing you weren't brewing up any Meth. LOL

Hope the blues go away soon. After all it's... January. And there's so much to look forward to in... January. ;)

Canadian flake said...

well I am glad you were ok...nice to know Wall the cop is around if you need him...was he at least cute?? LMAO

Burfica said...

corky--so far I have that anniversary and a minor surgery on the hubs to look forward to in Jan. lol

Flake--he was cute like a big clumsy stray ugly dog kinda way. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Awwwww you are such a sweet daughter! You're mother would be proud.

You should have invited the officers in for some coffee and donuts.

They have hand cuffs you know (wink)

Burfica said...

ponderings--and share my donuts??? hell no. lol

Anonymous said...

Maybe a neighbour heard the corn popping and thought it was gunfire.

Your nails are purty. My Dad died 5 years ago but I don't have to paint my nails in his honour. All I have to do is look in the mirror to see a face that is becoming more like his every day.

Burfica said...

babzy--so sorry about your dad. I finally have mine living here in town, close by. Been helping him address all his illnesses, now.

Libby said...

burfica, your nails are gotgeous!! and, yes you should get a small butterfly tat on the top of your foot! tif got a frog on top of her foot in memory of a friend killed in a car accident!

Burfica said...

libby--with my lymphadema I don't/can't get stuff on my lower legs/feet. but I would like to. I have enough upper body I can cover. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Your nails look hot.

Sorry about the other stuff, that's got to put a weird twist on your day.

Burfica said...

birdman--no weirder than usual. lol

Jules said...

I just stopped by today to give you a (((GIANT HUG))) in advance because of your day tomorrow... Love you, Estee!