CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First Day of Middle School

Me-- You dressed yet?
Kiddo-- Not yet.
M-- Get on that and make sure you eat!
K-- I'm not hungry and my stomach is upset.
M--eat anyway!
K--Okay

Half hour before I take him, he goes down the check list of what he needs. He puts his back pack on and sits on the couch, quiet, and picking his lip. (he does that when he's upset or scared)

K-- Is it time to go yet?
M-- No 20 more minutes kid, just enjoy t.v. for a bit
2 minutes later
K--How about now?? Is it time yet?

This went on for the entire 20 minutes.

We get in the suburban, and I'm sorta drilling him about not forgetting his backpack and where to meet me after school.

He sits in silence, picking his lip.

I pull into the school parking lot.

K-- Do I get out here??
M--Wait for me to get up in the loading zone.
K-- NOW? Do I get out now??
M-- Wait a minute dangit, let me pull up there, see the cars are moving give me a sec to get up by the front.
K--HOW ABOUT NOW?? DO I GET OUT NOW????
His voice is raising into this shriek
M-- Gees son just wait a sec almost there
In a very loud, shrill, shriek, he screams
K--GOD MOM, TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME!!!!!!!
M-- Holy shit son, calm down, just breath you will be fine.
K--(taking deep breaths) But I can't call you if something goes wrong, this entire school doesn't have a phone!!!!

At this I started snorking.

M--Of course it has phones son, in the office and each classroom I think. Your not in prison, just middle school.
K--(mumbling) feels like prison

We then see Big J, locking up his bike. Walking a few steps away then turning around walking back, looking lost. He looks as green as Kiddo. So we holler at him. BIG J,,,,,WAIT!!!!!

Kiddo jumps out. "Bye mom I love you see you after school"

Runs up to Big J, they talk for about three minutes, then get a very determined look (not confident but determined) and stride into the school together.

Yeah, I think he will be okay.

I on the other hand was a mess driving home. hehehehe

Have a good Tuesday everyone!!!

10 comments:

Brillig said...

A-hahahaha. I love it. Oh, that middle school angst. Sounds like he's gonna do great. He's so lucky to have a mom who's a "mess" over something like that too... :-)

Burfica said...

brillig-- ty, I think I'm the lucky one. hehehe

none said...

One more year for my kid. I was scared shitless my first day too.

I can empathize

Burfica said...

hammer---maybe we all need a chocolate cake. hehehehe

Canadian flake said...

ok you can TOTALLY remind me of this next year when gremlin #2 starts highschool. I know I will be shitting bricks...lol

Burfica said...

Flake--- I don't even want to talk about high school. hehehehe

Azathoth100 said...

Hope both of you get through it in one piece.

captain corky said...

Hang in there mom. It'll be ok. How was his first day?

Mia said...

OMG that is too cute....love how you snorked at his fear of no phones. :P thanks it made me laugh.

Jules said...

LOL! I remember changing schools when I was going into grade 10. I recall all of those feelings of anxiety. But something tells me that my own parent's didn't get all worked up like you did! Way to go, Burf! You survived!