CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Hell of a Weekend

Wow, it was a hell of a weekend. The bbq was fun. We did have about 30 people there. We had hotdogs and hamburgers, a double batch of potato salad, beans, chips and dip, some weird thing that resembled guacamole that someone made, watermelon, booze, soda, and cake and cheesecake.

Captain Daddy got the makings for root beer floats, and got all us women tipsy. Root beer float=irish cream liquor and root beer. Good stuff!!!!

I've been eating potato salad for breakfast past couple days. That's one of my favorite breakfasts. But can't be that store bought stuff, has to be the good homemade stuff.

Kiddo and Gigantor went with my uncle out fishing yesterday morning. They were only going for large or small mouth bass, not the stripper. They caught about 6. Gigantor brought them home, so I think we are having some fish tonight for dinner. hehehehe

I'm all sorts of upset and nervous today though. Tomorrow Kiddo goes to middle school his first day. You all know how much I hate him going back to school. I will probably cry after I drop him off like I do every year. Him starting middle school seems hard on me this year. I think it's hard, because he is very nervous and upset about starting. I try to keep him calm and tell him it will all be good. I'm sure after the first week or two he will be okay.

He is most nervous about memorizing his locker number and combination. And they have to memorize a 9 digit student id number or they don't get lunch. If they don't punch it in, they don't eat. That's what they told me. I would like to see them try to keep food away from my hypoglycemic son. They won't know what hit them when I get through with them. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Okay I'm gonna go spend the day with my kid.

Have a good Monday everyone!!!

10 comments:

Canadian flake said...

hang in there...he will be fine.. I was worried the 1st time my gremlins needed a locker combo too...we practised for over a week...

Burfica said...

Flake---thanks, I'm trying. We took him through a mock day, so to a class back to his locker, etc....
And we have been drilling him about the numbers. And I put a card with them on it in his wallet. I think he might be set. lol

none said...

Middle school was scary as hell for me.

Do they do that class flipping thing stil?, On mon wed fri we went to 1st through 6th period then on tues and thurs we had to go 2,6,3,4,5.1. I was always sititng in the wrong clasroom.

And if they don't feed him I would stomp a mudhole in their ass too.

Phoenix5 said...

You have to type in a code to get food? When did Big Brother (not the TV show, BTW) take over your school? If it were me, I'd take my lunch to school and eat out in the yard if I had to. My oldest went to middle school last year, and my youngest starts middle school this September. It is a bit scary, because of all the differences, but kids adapt easily. If Big J is going, they may both find it easier if they buddy up and stick together for a the first few weeks. Good luck to you both!

Burfica said...

Hammer---Yeah they won't like me if they don't feed him. They have A days which is 5 classes, and B days which are 5 different classes. The days, go a,b,a,b...so I'm sure he will forget if he's on A or B

Phoenix--Yeah...the only good thing about lunch there, is it will be a buffet, so he has a variety. Him and Big J and a couple other friends have talked about "working" it out together.

Unknown said...

Potato salad for breakfast? Really? I love potato salad but it's just SOOO HARD to make. Well, not hard. Just time consuming. And I'm not a big fan of time-consuming foods. I want to eat NOW.

Burfica said...

dorky dad---you must make a very intricate potato salad, I can usually whip a 5 pound one out in about a half hour. hehehehe

Azathoth100 said...

Hope the seperation anxiety isn't as bad as you fear. Potato Slad for Breakfast sounds good to me.

captain corky said...

You sound like a really caring Mom.
Middle school is tough on just about everyone I think. Hang in there. ;)

Fishing kicks ass by the way.

Burfica said...

aza---yeah almost as good as cold pizza. hehehe

Corky---ty, there is a fine line between caring and obsesive. hehehehe